Cakilla"s Umbee Update

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Nice pair and tank! I absolutly love how the pectoral fins on the female go black when in breeding dress.

Cakilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Illinois
Nice pair and tank! I absolutly love how the pectoral fins on the female go black when in breeding dress.

Thanks!!!! I am Really proud of this pair, I was about to sell them awhile back but the buyer backed out at the last second , to be honest I am glad he did because I have decided to keep them, I wish that my Point and Shoot would show their true color and the pearls on this male is Unreal, I haven't seen many fish that I thought could produce faster then convicts ... I can get these to spawn as fast as every 2 weeks! I try not to but just sayin I can.

TO be honest I wsih they would slow down on their spawning so they would pack on some more growth.

These are fed 2 times a day

am- night crawlers, wax worms, grass hoppers, frozen peas ( all of which I buy online in bulk, much cheaper ) ( I only feed 3 items from the list each day )
pm- hikari carni sticks, massivore, tilapia shrimp,scallops, frozen peas, spirl. sticks, thinking about giving NLS a try but not sure which kind to get ( I feed 3 items on the list each day same as the am) my thinking is they don't get tired of eating the same thing everyday and by feeding a few different items each day keeps them excited and ready to eat and by feeding live worms, wax worms , grass hoppers it gives them as much of a wild diet as I can provide , maybe thats why they can breed so often ?

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Great looking pair!!! That male is a stunner:) keep up the good work. I'm glad you kept this pair. You have an unrelated f1 pair!! In my mind, this is just as good as wild.

Cakilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Illinois
Great looking pair!!! That male is a stunner:) keep up the good work. I'm glad you kept this pair. You have an unrelated f1 pair!! In my mind, this is just as good as wild.

Thanks bro!, I knew you would like them .
I am for sure keeping this pair for sure , they have the looks, they breed anytime I want them too and the male glass bangs any time I get to close to the tank haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store