Came to a very sad realization today...

Atreyu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
Personal
Starting in grade 8, I developed an obsession for fish and used to frequent this site a lot (just to lurk of course). Now i'm in grade 12 and have given away all of my tanks due to a lack of time. I'm heading off to university in the fall and just realized that I probably won't be able to keep fish seriously again until i'm in my mid twenties. I plan on going to med school after undergrad and there's no way I can keep a tank in my residence this year lol. Anyone else in the same boat? /diary.

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
Not quite the same thing...I've only recently fallen in love with the hobby but can't expand past the one tank I have until I move out of mommy's house...which I'm beginning to think will NEVER happen...So, yeah, I feel your pain, sort of...

Keep truckin though. Think of all the tanks you'll be able to support when you're a doctor though....

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
hey kid your me when I was your age. Now im 28 and own my own house and planing monster tanks work hard in school and you will have your tanks again.
Love your name haha!! :rolleyes:

Yeah don't worry fish will still be here :) do something crazy your first tank again like a 2000G L shaped lol

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Kinda know what u going through.... Cause as of now I am not in ma hometown where all ma babies are... And have a monster tank to be done there.... Too bad for me I can visit them once in a while as I have shifted base and working with dad and have shortage of space to fit A tank where I currently live...

My first tank was a 5footer 19yrs ago still holdin up :)... I am actually gonna get a small 3 footer ( hoping I can fit it somewhere) and grow out some bichirs and send them back home. When they grow to good size.. That's how much I miss them....

Like Kellyfrancis said think of the tanks u can have after u bcme a doc... Good luck mate... Hang in there... Cheers :D

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I had about 8 tanks in my mom's house for a while. Had to give them up, got married and moved out. Husband didn't work out at all, should have stayed with the fish! I started back about 4 years ago with my old 30 gallon and recently reclaimed my 75. Just hang on and be patient. You can start them up again when you are done with all the school. Start up with a large monster size tank to make up for lost time.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I've been out of school for 2 years (iu) and I moved into my own house but now I have so many other bills to pay, including the house that I can't even afford to buy monster tank lol..... I always thought after college id be ballin but man life really takes hard work to get what u want!!!! Just do what u wanna do and let the monster tank serve as motivation to kick *** in school, dream big my friend dream big!

Stay away from drugs and drinking, unless u wanna have fun. Lol

#1 S. Vettel

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
I am close to 40 and contribute to > 50% of income of the household and mommy still does not let me keep more than one fish tank...

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
I am close to 40 and contribute to > 50% of income of the household and mommy still does not let me keep more than one fish tank...

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
I never would have guessed you were older than 20. no offense lol

I had to take down all my tanks because my parents gave me a choice between my snakes and my fish. It was a hard decision but I chose my snakes. once I get moved out right when I'm out of high school Im going to live on base in the airforce(or other military branch). Since my housing is covered, Ill be able to afford more fish AND snakes :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store