Can a 3-4" African claw frog coexist with fish such as a silver arowana?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Most fish only stores will accept a donated fish, aquatic animal that they would normally sell. Call ahead to be sure, don't just show up with it.
You could get lucky and a Petsmart or Petco could as well. Usually not as good of luck there though.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Perhaps try to sell it, or give it to someone else.
Yeah I just did some research and I don't want to risk putting it in the 210 especially with parasites etc

For now 8pl keep it in the 40 and we'll work on rehoming it. Unless my kids convince me to keep it ha
Most fish only stores will accept a donated fish, aquatic animal that they would normally sell. Call ahead to be sure, don't just show up with it.
You could get lucky and a Petsmart or Petco could as well. Usually not as good of luck there though.
Yeah I'll probably check with some of my connections around here some of them might be interested first but for now I'll just be keeping it in the 40 gallon tank

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Nothing's really stopping the arowana and other tankmates from ripping off the frog's limbs; probably a good call to not cohab the frog and fish.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
On top of the likely chance the aro (or others) will eat the frog, the clawed frog is also a voracious eater.
They don’t really know what does or doesn’t fit in their mouth until they try, and once it’s in the frog’s mouth it will get raked by its claws. Any smaller fish is liable to get injured.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store