can i add more?

Nicksplosion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
New Jersey
In my 30gal i have 2 Jack Dempsey's 4-6", 2 fire mouths 4", and a sunny thats 4". can i add 1 or 2 more cichlids? the tank will be upgraded to a 75 this summer.
i was thinking about possibly peacocks, cons, maby earth eaters.

big_tank_boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
seattle washington
i wouldnt try it but if u really wanted to u could try some cons there usally not to expensive but they are aggressive and can hold there own so ur choice.

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
I'd wait until you upgrade, but even then, that doesn't give a ton of room for them to establish territories

Jamieishard

Fire Eel
Aug 15, 2008
Maryland
if oyu have 4" to 6" fish you should upgrade soon...and try not to add anymore...they are all also agressive fish so you dont want as much room for them to stay out of each others way too.

RobE

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
Seminole, FL
I have a Firemouth and a jewel in a 30gal that are about 3.5" and they are always jockeying for position. I wouldn't add anything else and upgrade as soon as you could.:thumbsup:

TheFanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
St. Louis
www.grillinfool.com
Nicksplosion;2622966; said:
In my 30gal i have 2 Jack Dempsey's 4-6", 2 fire mouths 4", and a sunny thats 4". can i add 1 or 2 more cichlids? the tank will be upgraded to a 75 this summer.
i was thinking about possibly peacocks, cons, maby earth eaters.
I don't think the 75 can house what you have at adult size much less with anything else added.

And I am always leery of people who say they are going to upgrade soon. Most of the time they don't upgrade at all...Good luck though....

big_tank_boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
seattle washington
TheFanatic;2623133; said:
I don't think the 75 can house what you have at adult size much less with anything else added.

And I am always leery of people who say they are going to upgrade soon. Most of the time they don't upgrade at all...Good luck though....
it all depends on if a persons gona do what they says there gona do and if they do good for them if they dont what can u do....... if some one wants a fish they might go off and get it. all we can do is provide information for them to go off.

2 jds will be fine i havent seen many over 10 inches and a fire mouth is rare to get over 6 inches. cons get arond 6 inches max if he has good filteration he knows the risks this is the best we can do.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store