Can I get an ID on these bass?

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I picked these guys up the other day for 20 bucks each, they are a little rough around the edges. The small one is blind in one eye, the darker one has clouded eyes, and the big guy has the early stages of HITH. I’ve had them for a couple days now and they do seem to be improving a bit already, eating fine and no clear signs of stress. I am keeping a close eye on them.
I was wondering if I could get an ID on them, the guy I got them from said he had 2 monos 1 Xingu and 1 Ornio. One jumped out and he lost track of what they are.

DB40DD5B-0CCB-4C2C-A900-A86E4534C7A8.jpeg

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Top one looks to be an azul hybrid right is some kind of ocellaris mix and bottom is a Kelberi hybrid

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Top one looks to be an azul hybrid right is some kind of ocellaris mix and bottom is a Kelberi hybrid
Yeah I was thinking that the top one was some sort of an azul. That’s interesting that none of them seem to be what the guy I got them from said they were. I forget where he said he got them but I remember it was a pretty well known site I’ve heard of. Are hybrid bass usually less sought after than pure bred ones?

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Yeah I was thinking that the top one was some sort of an azul. That’s interesting that none of them seem to be what the guy I got them from said they were. I forget where he said he got them but I remember it was a pretty well known site I’ve heard of. Are hybrid bass usually less sought after than pure bred ones?
Well its all in the eyes of the beholder. Some hybrids can be very beautiful. Pure strains are definitely less common than hybrids now adays. Hybrids are usually cheaper. Often times the only way to get pure strains now adays though is by purchasing wild caught forms of whatever bass you want. Which can prove problematic because a lot of species dont get imported at all due to regulations in their home countries. Ones that do get imported will be much more expensive than normal however. As an example, I just purchased a 3" wc Brokopondo for $125.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Well its all in the eyes of the beholder. Some hybrids can be very beautiful. Pure strains are definitely less common than hybrids now adays. Hybrids are usually cheaper. Often times the only way to get pure strains now adays though is by purchasing wild caught forms of whatever bass you want. Which can prove problematic because a lot of species dont get imported at all due to regulations in their home countries. Ones that do get imported will be much more expensive than normal however. As an example, I just purchased a 3" wc Brokopondo for $125.
Wc Brokopondo for $125 is a bargain! When I first got into bass and purchased my first wc Brokopondo where $250 each, Wc Azul where $500. Each. Wc xingu $250 each wc kels where $250 and up, intermedia where $750.00 each on the first import prices now a days are cheap by comparison even for wc.

Reactions: Blakewater

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Wc Brokopondo for $125 is a bargain! When I first got into bass and purchased my first wc Brokopondo where $250 each, Wc Azul where $500. Each. Wc xingu $250 each wc kels where $250 and up, intermedia where $750.00 each on the first import prices now a days are cheap by comparison even for wc.
An even better example. To be honest I'd gladly pay those prices still for intermedia and azul.

Reactions: cigars
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store