Can i get some real info on a morish idol?

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Also, the tank should be established for at least 6 months minimum for an idol. I put them up there with mandarins as far as difficulty in feeding.

Justin_James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Canada, Nova Scotia
Yes i'm sorry to say that you clearly have never done any research on keeping marine fish.

Your 40 gallon would be big enough to keep a dwarf angle but no bigger fish than that. Your fish will all die soon. I'm sorry to be so blunt but it's true. Please, Please return or sell your fish and start with your damsels. If your not into water changes than the aquarium life in general is not for you ;)

fishyboi

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
HERE
if u are lucky some moorish idols do eat pellets, but there natural food is sponges. they eat sponges all day and thats what a friend of mine feeds his moorishidol. sponges are expensive though.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Justin_James;602690; said:
Yes i'm sorry to say that you clearly have never done any research on keeping marine fish.

Your 40 gallon would be big enough to keep a dwarf angle but no bigger fish than that. Your fish will all die soon. I'm sorry to be so blunt but it's true. Please, Please return or sell your fish and start with your damsels. If your not into water changes than the aquarium life in general is not for you ;)
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Well said Justin

Redtail_Watcher, you say that you love fish but ALL of them are dying. You are abusing them and you don't even realize it.

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
Justin_James;602690; said:

Amen! folks like this guy who don't get the message anger me. also, its spelled moorish idol.

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
Moorish Idols need a fully established reef tank to survive. The water quality has to be perfect. Also, the Idol should not be housed with a Koran. Koran's are very aggressive. I don't have a Moorish Idol because I don't have a reef tank. But I have a fish that looks like a Moorish Idol,but it is alot easier to take care of and will eat anything. I have a Red Sea Bannerfish.

Picture or Video 023.jpg

Picture or Video 027.jpg

Eupterus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2006
Bennington, VT
I clicked on this thread because I was really curious about someone who was experienced enough to keep a moorish idol and had a setup for them.
I enjoy seeing setups that I can nether afford ( I live in affortable housing) nor have the experience to keep myself, which is why I joined this board.

Hmm...I know more about moorish idols then the poster.
I know moorish idols are very cleaver fish and they are fond of having clown fish as tankmates. They will leap out of the tank at every oppertunity and are always plotting ways to escape back to the ocean. You must be careful when the moorish idol leaps out of the tank to avoid leaving scalpals or other sharp objects laying around or you may have a permanently injured moorish idol.

If a low maintence tank is desired, why overstock?. Why get a very difficult to keep fish?.
I hope the poster finds another home for this moorish idol.

PS: I love finding Nemo and that moorish idol...don't kill "Gil" ok?.
"Gil" belongs in the ocean or in the hands of aquarists who can provide the right tank conditions. Enjoy moorish idols at the public aquarium. Peace.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Eupterus;614135; said:
I clicked on this thread because I was really curious about someone who was experienced enough to keep a moorish idol and had a setup for them.
I enjoy seeing setups that I can nether afford ( I live in affortable housing) nor have the experience to keep myself, which is why I joined this board.

I know moorish idols are very cleaver fish and they are fond of having clown fish as tankmates. They will leap out of the tank at every oppertunity and are always plotting ways to escape back to the ocean. You must be careful when the moorish idol leaps out of the tank to avoid leaving scalpals or other sharp objects laying around or you may have a permanently injured moorish idol.

If a low maintence tank is desired, why overstock?. Why get a very difficult to keep fish?.
I hope the poster finds another home for this moorish idol.

PS: I love finding Nemo and that moorish idol...don't kill "Gil" ok?.
"Gil" belongs in the ocean or in the hands of aquarists who can provide the right tank conditions. Enjoy moorish idols at the public aquarium. Peace.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :iagree: but I think Gil was happier than his Moorish Idol

UnderwaterGirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
That is hilarious. I have kept a moorish idol in a public aquarium that was filled with all of the fish from Nemo. I hear that this aquarium recently changed its name from The Living Seas to Nemo and friends at the Living Seas. I am so over the whole Nemo thing. I wish the aquarium I worked at now would take down it's Nemo tank. We don't have a moorish idol though, we have a bannerfish instead.

Max

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2006
tn
fwiw, I don't think that you should have the tang or angel in that tank. It's not good for them and if you don't like doing water changes those aren't the fish for you. Damsels maybe? If you are interested in learning about how to keep your fish let us know we would be greatly pleased to help you. At this point though I'm locking this thread you may not have had any bad intentions but, at this point this is pretty much trolling.
cheers and again if you have any questions feel free to post!
Max

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store