Can I keep polypterus?

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
I wish my Poly's would eat snails. I have probably 150 red ramshorn snails in my 180 that they don't even notice. Luckily my clown loaches keep their numbers down. The juvenile grow out tank is full of them too. Sometimes my 5.5" endli will approach one and smell it, but he never bites or attacks. The delhezi seem oblivious to their presence. Its that or they just don't care.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
It all depends on personality. My 2 senegals don't nip or chase any small fish in my tank. The smallest being 3 2" clown loaches. I am however getting nervous for them with my delhezi. He's put on about 1" of girth and 2" length in the 2 months I've had him and hes taking half silversides bigger than the little loaches. It all depends on the individual fish, what you feed them, how often you feed them, etc. Keeping any fish away from live feeders I have found makes them slightly less inclined to chase down a tankmate but again thats just my experience.

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
^^^ bichirs dont chase or nip..they just approach to target and grab :) or wait that target swims by :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joelypops

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2012
Rochester, Kent, UK
When I first got my ornate I had him in with some corys as I didn't know anything about them etc. Once he got to about 6" I watched him simply open his mouth and the idiot Cory swim straight in! Hes now in with the fully grown synos and Oscar etc

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
^^^ bichirs dont chase or nip..they just approach to target and grab :) or wait that target swims by :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Lol I didn't say my seneys didn't chase and nip eachother, which they most certainly did for the first week they were together, I said they didn't chase and nip the small non-polys in the tank haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store