Can I use these?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
It all looks like granite. Just clean them up and they should be fine. Check he temperature. If the rocks are discernibly hotter or cooler than the aquarium, keep them in the same room as the tank to adjust overnight..

Cheifwalnut

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2015
Schoharie New York
I'm going to pour really hot water on them and let them sit in a bucket overnight. My tanks not heated so by the morning they should be the same temperature

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
agreed with the acid test first, vinegar fine. just on the off chance. they make nice little rocks of love, err spawning beds.

Cheifwalnut

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2015
Schoharie New York
None of them showed any bubbles when I tried the vinegar, however there was some noise coming from them. I don't think it'll matter. i mean if it was harmful in anyway there wouldn't be any fish in the lake( these rocks are lined along all shorelines and go into the water about 6 foot) and I caught my fish in this lake.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
should not be a problem, good looking rocks, should look great in the tank!

Cheifwalnut

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2015
Schoharie New York
Yeah I figured I'd give these a try in a 37g to see how they look and what not so when I get and get a 100g or more tank I don't have to spend my life's savings on a hardscape...

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
None of them showed any bubbles when I tried the vinegar, however there was some noise coming from them. I don't think it'll matter. i mean if it was harmful in anyway there wouldn't be any fish in the lake( these rocks are lined along all shorelines and go into the water about 6 foot) and I caught my fish in this lake.
I wouldn't say that's necessarily sound reasoning. If the rocks did raise the pH, it's possible that the fish in the lake have simply adapted to a higher pH (or had a high tolerance, to begin with).

EDIT: sorry, should have read your entire post first. I missed where you said that the fish were caught from the lake.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store