Can you help identify?...

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
sorry about the crappy pics all I have is a cell phone camera and he is very quick

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
Likely won't be able to confirm from that pic. Serras all look alike when small. If you got him from a reputable source you have a good chance that he knows what he's talking about and cares about his reputation. Might take a few months to a year for a positive ID.

Reactions: Yohanon

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
Likely won't be able to confirm from that pic. Serras all look alike when small. If you got him from a reputable source you have a good chance that he knows what he's talking about and cares about his reputation. Might take a few months to a year for a positive ID.
aquascape online

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
Pedro gets a bad rap sometimes but if it isn't an altuvie he most likely genuinely believes it to be so and isn't just hanging a name on it to raise the value. I think you have a better than good chance of actually having an altuvie. They aren't seen too often so cherish it.

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
Pedro gets a bad rap sometimes but if it isn't an altuvie he most likely genuinely believes it to be so and isn't just hanging a name on it to raise the value. I think you have a better than good chance of actually having an altuvie. They aren't seen too often so cherish it.
yes I do really like this fish he already comes to the top of the tank to take his shrimp from me

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
they say Altuvies are supposed be really aggressive but this guy is basically hand fed maybe it is because he is only 3.5 inches he does tear up the tetras I put in there but he is no where near a finger chaser do you guys think he will change has he gets bigger?

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
they say Altuvies are supposed be really aggressive but this guy is basically hand fed maybe it is because he is only 3.5 inches he does tear up the tetras I put in there but he is no where near a finger chaser do you guys think he will change has he gets bigger?
My irritans finally came out of his shell at about a year old, and 3 1/2" to 4" in length. Juvenal serras are prey in their natural environment, and tend to be a little skittish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store