Can you id this snake?

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
For next time, remember: snakes do not have nests. They might reside in a comfortable spot for a while if there is a food source and shelter but they do not nest. If you see one around your house or yard, spray it with a water hose from a safe distance. The snake will not like that and it will leave. Do this once and 99.9% of the time, you will never see that snake again. Then start to think of why the snake was there and what about that place may attract others to that spot. Is sunlight hitting it so that it is warm? Is it dark and moist? Do you have nearby rodents/ birds that could be food? Take care of these. A well trimmed lawn is a good barrier to snakes. For clutter such as firewood that makes good refugia for snakes, pour a cup of bleach or place some mothballs around every know and then- nothing will like that smell and nothing will stick around. I have yet to hear of a good excuse for killing a snake (discounting ignorance).
Thanks for the advice. My yard is always mowed and there's no clutter so we have never encountered a snake in our yard.

Again, I'm sorry I offended y'all. I personally, have NEVER killed a snake...just ran like hell from a few ;)

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Also most bites from actual venomous come from people trying to kill or mess with them.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
For next time, remember: snakes do not have nests. They might reside in a comfortable spot for a while if there is a food source and shelter but they do not nest. If you see one around your house or yard, spray it with a water hose from a safe distance. The snake will not like that and it will leave. Do this once and 99.9% of the time, you will never see that snake again. Then start to think of why the snake was there and what about that place may attract others to that spot. Is sunlight hitting it so that it is warm? Is it dark and moist? Do you have nearby rodents/ birds that could be food? Take care of these. A well trimmed lawn is a good barrier to snakes. For clutter such as firewood that makes good refugia for snakes, pour a cup of bleach or place some mothballs around every know and then- nothing will like that smell and nothing will stick around. I have yet to hear of a good excuse for killing a snake (discounting ignorance).
Don't tell that to garter snakes...

http://youtu.be/JhlYDuMdBFA

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store