can you over feed ray?

DavidW

INCOMING!!!
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2005
Manaus, Brasil
Brent;3072780; said:
like david mentioned i know with dogs they can get bloat from eating alot of food and the moister expanding it i wonder if something similar could happen with the pellets?just a thought
exactly

abortedsoul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
MD, USA
I would try and keep it natural and simple. As it stands in nature, they hunt throughout the day for small to moderate meals of snails, worms, crustaceans, minnows, etc. Simulating that as accurately as possible seems easy enough. :)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
john C;3072669; said:
shoot i can't afford to over feed my rays
^^ :ROFL: Definetly same situation here....

Tom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
abortedsoul;3073686; said:
I would try and keep it natural and simple. As it stands in nature, they hunt throughout the day for small to moderate meals of snails, worms, crustaceans, minnows, etc. Simulating that as accurately as possible seems easy enough. :)

Exactly, like I said before a little bit throughout the day. NO saltwater based foods.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Brent;3072780; said:
like david mentioned i know with dogs they can get bloat from eating alot of food and the moister expanding it i wonder if something similar could happen with the pellets?just a thought
In my experience yes, the water absorbtion of pellets can harm a fish and even kill it in extreme cases.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store