Can you tell me anything about this?

ziggy2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
IL
I picked this up the other day. Don't know how good it is. There is an auto shut off on the storage bin. A sump pump for emptying. What do you think?

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
Hmmmm....looks like some sort of filtering contraption.....
Did you pay money for it? If yes, what were you buying? It doesn't look like an RO situation. ..what was it used for? I wouldn't use the filters...who knows what they have been filtering....thats what the blue wrench is for in case you didn't know.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
RO unit with a float switch to control operation. Assuming everything is in good working order, the RO will run until the barrel fills up, tripping the float switch. This will shut down the RO unit. The sump pump was probably intended to transfer the water to a mixing station for saltwater.

Just a head's up: that garbage can most likely isn't food grade. I'd be worried about the plastic leaching into whatever water you store there.

ziggy2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
IL
Thanks for the information. I picked it up at a fish club auction. I contacted the owner yesterday to get the low down on the plumbing. He advised me on the situation and it all seems good. Everything is supposed to be in working order. I checked the sump out and really moves some water. I just started a salt tank to add to my collection. Guess I'll keep it. I only paid $10.00 bucks for the whole thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store