Can't identify, please help

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
The tanks not cycled do an immediate 50+% water change and gravel vacuuming and daily 25% water changes form here out until the tank cycles. The fish has ammonia burn. Melafix will do nothing use Seachem Prime or Safe and stability with water changes.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Ya that's a burn, that ammonia is out of control. What Tom said...waterchanges, Prime, Stability. Make sure you follow the dosing on the Prime, the stability you really cant overdo at this point.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Ya it's ammonia burn. That tank is gonna need heavy filtration when fish get bigger or this problem won't go away.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Check before the next water change. I would have done more than 40%, tomorrow do a 50% water change and then daily water changes of at least 25%. Check your parameters before each water change. Clean the substrate too a good vacuuming will get all the crap out.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Zeolite can help lower nitrogen levels slowly, just don't add to a salted tank. I'm surprised your other fish aren't showing symptoms at those levels....

punksteve187

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
Okay. I just checked them for the heck of it , and this is what it shows. image.jpg
It looks a lot better than the one posted earlier. The junk vacuumed out was definitely a lot... I was told to put goldfish in my tank to help get it to cycle... I've learned my lesson about that. Tomorrow morning I'll do a 50%.

I I really appreciate all of your help. From all of you.

image.jpg

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Anytime you need help we're here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com