Caquetaia kraussi

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
Looking to put one (or a pair?) in my 125. If you would be so gracious to give me your experience with them, I would love to know if they would go with my current stocklist (in my signature)

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
Bad idea. Nothing caquetaia is going to go well with you stock. Way to mean in my opinion. They will eat your smaller fish. Kill the angels, then probably the OH's, then stress everything else enough to eventually kill some of them off as well

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
jgentry;3682696; said:
Bad idea. Nothing caquetaia is going to go well with you stock. Way to mean in my opinion. They will eat your smaller fish. Kill the angels, then probably the OH's, then stress everything else enough to eventually kill some of them off as well

ok then. we will go ahead and scratch that idea. haha thanks.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
jgentry;3682774; said:
Lol, didn't mean to sound so gloom and doom. Just don't think it will work with your fish.
no reason to sugar coat it either :) im just trying to order some less than common fish from Jeff. Any ideas?

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
I think he posted that he was getting some of the rarer eartheaters. I wouldn't add a lot though. Not sure how big most of your stuff is but you will be pretty full when they are adults. Not sure if you plan on keeping everything or not. If you plan to thin it out I would look at the auticpes or altifrons tocantins. Both are very nice fish.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
jgentry;3683155; said:
I think he posted that he was getting some of the rarer eartheaters. I wouldn't add a lot though. Not sure how big most of your stuff is but you will be pretty full when they are adults. Not sure if you plan on keeping everything or not. If you plan to thin it out I would look at the auticpes or altifrons tocantins. Both are very nice fish.

Ive got quite a bit between my 75 and 125 right now. I plan on pairing some things up and growing some things out and thinning a bit based on what I get when they mature. I am actually getting rid of some of these things now so I can order some stuff I really like. Most of my fish are 4" or less right now and 2" and under in my 75, so everything is quite small just yet.

I think I am going to get a trio of Dicrozoster and a pair of Rotkeils and eliminate the Efasciatus and Angels.The Red Ceibal will also recieve a mate. I am not too high on the Satanoperca genus. For the 75 I am going to get some T. Helleri.

SMS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2007
MASS
jgentry;3682696; said:
Have you ever kept them? I have kept and breed alot of them and there not very aggressive, I would say an Oscar is more agressive than kraussi. Even while gaurding fry they never killed a tankmate.
Males do get rather large though-12" or better.

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
SMS;3684929; said:
Have you ever kept them? I have kept and breed alot of them and there not very aggressive, I would say an Oscar is more agressive than kraussi. Even while gaurding fry they never killed a tankmate.
Males do get rather large though-12" or better.
Did you keep them with small tankmates, angels, and some of the least aggressive eartheaters?

They are not an extremely aggressive fish by any means, but they can be very nippy and aggressive toward smaller fish and less aggressive fish. Plus they are predatory and will eat small stuff. I would certainly never put them with orangeheads and angels. It would be asking for trouble in my opinion. I have no doubt that certain individuals might work but odds are against it.

SMS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2007
MASS
Just didnt want people thinking that a kraussi is a big glassbanger like a miidas or Umbees.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store