MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looks nice Homer....details and more pics...please.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Looks nice Homer....details and more pics...please.
+1 would Like to learn more about the vft

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks guys :)

As for details, not sure what to tell you... They seem to be relatively easy to keep... All i do is the following...

1) water the plants in the morning using a mister with distilled water till the soil is really damp

2) turn on my aquarium light i have setup on top at around 9:45am (since that window doesnt get enough light)

3) then at night around 10pm i turn the lights off...

4) Then its a matter of rinse and repeat till they need to go through there 2-3month dormant period, at which point i normally remove the VFT's and place in there own pot and stick in the freezer till they need to come out...

Although with my old setup i gave to a friend of mine (till he neglected it, and it died) never went through a dormant period while i owned it and still seemed to do pretty well...

So i wonder if different strains of VFT can go without it?

But there is also if i rmb correctly a member here who is pretty knowledgeable with carnivorous plants since he studies them i think?

And here are a few more pics...

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1375370902.756804.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1375370933.698888.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1375370968.638038.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1375371002.913042.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dr.Gonzo4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2013
New York
Wow beautiful collection! I may be going to school for botany, depending on the variety those VFTs may be getting a lot bigger!!

I bet this helps cut down on the bug population in the house lol, I've been trying to convince my mom to let me setup a lil carnivorous plant setup in the kitchen to help catch fruit fly and other stuff that gets in the house.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Homer what are those grey plastic things in the tank?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Wow beautiful collection! I may be going to school for botany, depending on the variety those VFTs may be getting a lot bigger!!

I bet this helps cut down on the bug population in the house lol, I've been trying to convince my mom to let me setup a lil carnivorous plant setup in the kitchen to help catch fruit fly and other stuff that gets in the house.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thats sweet!! And yeah this isnt the B52 var. of VFT, just a pretty regular strain you see most places...

And you should set one up, last summer my plant caught a really annoying fly in my flat that was buzzing around for 2 days till it got chomped by my old plant...

I guess you mean on the side? Thats the light that i have over my plants... Heres a shot of the setup...

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1375373809.482974.jpg

"Sorry bout the sideway shot but im on my phone ;) "

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Nice setup Homer. If mine survives I'd like to expand the collection.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store