Caught a goldfish

IITUFFTOBEATII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
At my desk
Louie;3103764; said:
What did you use for bait on the hook?
Just a wadded up piece of bread. Was walking next to a drainage canal that I knew had a ton of carp in it and saw some lighter colored fish. Thinking they might be koi I ran and got my rod and caught this guy. I still think there might be some koi in there some of them were almost white and fairly large.

gobucks1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
West Virginia
www.myspace.com
Wow, invasives seem to be more common once it gets a little warm.

I netted a couple ghost shrimp out of the river just the other day, it's like this every year. First warm spell, and "oh goldy can live in the river now".

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
gobucks1;3105127; said:
I netted a couple ghost shrimp out of the river just the other day, it's like this every year. First warm spell, and "oh goldy can live in the river now".

careful, they could possibly be a native species

gobucks1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
West Virginia
www.myspace.com
syddakyd;3105370; said:
careful, they could possibly be a native species
Really? Hmm, i've never seen them before, nor has my dad and we've been fishing to river for a combine 55 years or so. These look just like ghost shrimp.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
IITUFFTOBEATII;3105115; said:
Just a wadded up piece of bread. Was walking next to a drainage canal that I knew had a ton of carp in it and saw some lighter colored fish. Thinking they might be koi I ran and got my rod and caught this guy. I still think there might be some koi in there some of them were almost white and fairly large.

Thanks I am going to try bread . Have seen big bland looking carp nothing fancy .

Either way they ignore worms,etc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store