Cave ideas?

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Is their any other kind of piping I can use or is PVC the best way to go?

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
i personaly would use the PVC. you can get black and grey PVC as well. i know im not a huge fan of white pipe in a show tank. it is personal preference though. are you gonna use the quick create idea or just straight pipe?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i just take my wyckii's cave away if i wanna see him or place the drift wood in such a way at one end that i can always see him!-) plastic pipe wont look nice and they wont be any easier to see imho...

PhysicsDude

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
If you have some artistic flare its not that hard to make a styrofoam cave and then cover it in concrete like stated above. You can use pretty much any styrofoam, cut it, glue it together with silicone, and then coat it with concrete. It probably won't sink on its own, you'll have to weight it down, or attach it to a piece of rock or slate or something.

Currently working on a styrofoam/concrete 3D background on my tank, and I'm really pleased with the result, and you can literally make it whatever shape and however big you want.

patrickcostarica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2014
Costa Rica
I just used concrete to make a shell and background on my tank build. Building a concrete tank so I just went on and made designs in the walls to make it more natural. Should have included a cave.

Sent from my M4 SS1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1400446231290.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store