"Cenote Tanganyika": 300G build for our 26-inch Mbu puffer...

Jenerik

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
USA
Thanks. I am going to be putting an 800-gallon, or so, pond into our yard this spring and halfway am thinking about putting him out there for the summer. Probably won't but the thought crossed my mind, LOL.

jamesdavid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2013
PONCHATOULA, LOUSIANA, USA
wow epic set-up man i seen a lot on here and this one i really like it brings in so much more then just fish in a big bare tank l0l. im not super involved into the whole fish keeping world yet, but im hooked and at a stage where i can really start investing into my plans are similar to ur set and damnit man i think ur thread convinced me on a puffer l0l, what im planning on is an 4'x8'x4' plywood arcylic tank with grow try on other room im aiming to basically make it into aquapoinics but with sweet looking fish now the back story of why im getting into this i bought a 30 gallon and a pair of poscars and jack dempesy and orange parrots and some pelcos for my kids, well needless to say the 30 gallon is way to small so i figure go big or go home l0l but like i stated the tank im planning should be more then big enough i also live here is Louisiana so craw fish and all is not an issue out here for me defiantly any advise and pointers would be greatly welcomed and im defr come out to texas and get some of that sand stone love the look i was gonna go with that or mangrove trees type look anyways im offshore at moment so i cant post any pic of my plans but will as soon as im in shore and i have to do a little looking into on the planting trays and the ratio to water and all i dont wanna over or under plant such but iam hoping to achieve a filtration with solely though aquaponics or that is the plan at least ill see how it works and shot from that

Jenerik

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
USA
Thanks for the comments. The plants really help with water quality. Despite the swimming turd factory in there, I basically cannot test any level of nitrate in that tank. The plants pull it out that fast. The underwater roots are so thick that I will probably have to prune them soon, so they do not clog the overflows as they waft in the current. You can't build a better filter than Mother nature has already devised.

Jenerik

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
USA
Thanks for the remarks. I need to shoot some fresh pics soon.

I love pothos...so easy...ever consider Dumb-Cane, or Diffenbachia?
You know, I have thought about other plants but we have a height issue between the top of the tank and the ceiling. Right now, one of the Peace Lillies has gotten so big that it dominates that area. It's almost 36" tall. You think to yourself that a 72"x36" area is plenty of room for plants but I am surprised at how quickly it has filled up.

Horiyoshi III

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
41.769N -71.129W
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the remarks. I need to shoot some fresh pics soon.

You know, I have thought about other plants but we have a height issue between the top of the tank and the ceiling. Right now, one of the Peace Lillies has gotten so big that it dominates that area. It's almost 36" tall. You think to yourself that a 72"x36" area is plenty of room for plants but I am surprised at how quickly it has filled up.
A setup after my own heart!
I would like to get a giant lilly for a Riparium, but I have no idea where to find them!

Anybody?!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store