changing sand

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Right on. My bv endli is the only one that actually looks better on it. Took on some additional brown tones where there had only been black before. The congi and faranah lap look especially washed out. I'm definitely going to mix some black in. I have a feeling mixing sand in that tank with my stock already in there is going to be super obnoxious.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Truth. I'll at least wait until summer semester is over. Sick profile pic, by the way. Vegeta rules.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
He was my fave before trunks. Those swords. Those swords, for real.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Shrug. I don't like rails anyway and dbz rules :p

To derail it again:
My fish's appetites have all dropped off in the 300... Maybe just residual stress from the move. I put their usual filet in a half hour ago and the only ones who have touched it are my gar and senegalus. T.T

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I would definitely wait at least 2 months to be totally sure the sand isn't working. I've had too many to count that started real lying coming around after moving from a 75 with black to a 285 with garnet. One of the ones that took the longest was my BV. Little guy looked so washed out everyday I contemplated selling him, but I stuck with him and oddly enough around 3 months later he started really looking nice. As far as appetite it will most likely come back to the tank in a few days. I'm sure once the congicus discovers his love for food everyone else will follow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store