Changing stock

Slipperypete

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort worth
How about rummynose tetras? If you had a huge school of them they would look crazy cool in a tank that size. They school more tightly than any other fish I know of. And even though they stay small I think they would be ok with smaller Geos - Geos aren't very predatory.

You should do at least 20+ corys in a tank that big (Sterbai are best temp wise). I think you could do 30-40 easily.

You could also look into getting a school of Elephantnose fish or baby whales. I think they could do well in a tank like that (if you are willing to feed them the frozen food they require). They are really amazing fish, that more serious hobbyist should keep, imo.
Love how the rummys school!

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Yeah, Severums and Chocolates are two other cool big cichlids, but they may eat really small fish like little tetras when full grown. I have never kept them with really small fish, so I don't really know.

Slipperypete

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort worth
Yeah, Severums and Chocolates are two other cool big cichlids, but they may eat really small fish like little tetras when full grown. I have never kept them with really small fish, so I don't really know.

Interesting, I did not know that. I have a big chocolate, about 2 years old I was thinking about keeping... maybe not a good idea?

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
I'd make a separate thread asking about Chocos compatibility with small fish... I have never kept them with small fish. Also I think you should get more than two geos. They do better in groups, rather than pairs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store