Check out what I picked up today for $45

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Wow! Congrats, great coloration and amazing fins. Paratilapia are such interesting fish with equally fascinating personalities. Enjoy :D

Sent using Monster Aquaria Network App

cichlidfan78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2012
UK
I seriously love these! I always look at them at LFS`s and almost by them....but I never do, as I worry how well they would do in a very aggressive community setting...congrats on yours, he is probably one of the nicest I have seen!

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
I wouldn't trust them in an aggressive community cichlid tank, because they are MEAN fish. I put him in my tank last night with a very aggressive female Jaguar cichlid, mean male Texas cichlid, and woke up this morning to the Polleni now running the tank lol. They are beastly mean fish that are well worth buying, and are by far the most gorgeous cichlid in the world in my opinion.

cichlidfan78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2012
UK
I wouldn't trust them in an aggressive community cichlid tank, because they are MEAN fish. I put him in my tank last night with a very aggressive female Jaguar cichlid, mean male Texas cichlid, and woke up this morning to the Polleni now running the tank lol. They are beastly mean fish that are well worth buying, and are by far the most gorgeous cichlid in the world in my opinion.
how would they fair against buttikoferi and red devils/midas? if they are tough enough to hang with these I may just try one at some point!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Awesome. Never saw one so big!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
how would they fair against buttikoferi and red devils/midas? if they are tough enough to hang with these I may just try one at some point!

Exactly my question....had no idea they were tough.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I wouldn't put Paratilapia with buttikoferi, I've kept the Madagascans on and off for 15 years and never found them to be aggressive enough.

They can be aggressive with each other, and hold their own with most other cichlids, though in small tanks like a 55 all cichlids can become phychotic .
I have a male and 3 females at the moment in a 125, it seems a bit small for those 4 so I keep the male divided.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store