Christmas Came Early

L600

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
MI
Awesome! :thumbsup:

We need pics, man!
will do, but seriously this guy is so shy he doesn't eat in front of me. he only took the shrimp after I turn off the lights. good thing he took the shrimp, he was eyeballing the clown loaches...even though the clown loaches are half his size

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
will do, but seriously this guy is so shy he doesn't eat in front of me. he only took the shrimp after I turn off the lights. good thing he took the shrimp, he was eyeballing the clown loaches...even though the clown loaches are half his size
This is a large part of the reason that I like to put them into a small tank to pellet train. They can't get away and they get used to you. Eventually they learn that you are the source of their food.

I'm going to post my new method of pellet training soon. It's so painfully obvious that I'm embarrassed that I hadn't thought of it before! Keep an eye out. :)

L600

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
MI
This is a large part of the reason that I like to put them into a small tank to pellet train. They can't get away and they get used to you. Eventually they learn that you are the source of their food.

I'm going to post my new method of pellet training soon. It's so painfully obvious that I'm embarrassed that I hadn't thought of it before! Keep an eye out. :)
**UPDATE**

I finally saw him eat in front of me for the first time, little guy dove straight for the shrimp on the fishing line. He struggled with the shrimp eventually the shrimp broke free of the line. Gotta be honest, kinda felt like Jeremy Wade for a sec...

L600

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
MI
okay, now Im being serious, I might actually get a shoal of these guys. Can I do 2 FATF together?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
okay, now Im being serious, I might actually get a shoal of these guys. Can I do 2 FATF together?
With lots of dithers it would work. Two tigers by themselves won't work regardless of species.

The problem here is that new fish is a brevis.

L600

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
MI
With lots of dithers it would work. Two tigers by themselves won't work regardless of species.

The problem here is that new fish is a brevis.
Rob this is why you're the expert. I got so excited I just assume the same LFS just got another FATF. Adipose fin is black, dead giveaway to brevis. Thanks, you just save me some $$$

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Rob this is why you're the expert. I got so excited I just assume the same LFS just got another FATF. Adipose fin is black, dead giveaway to brevis. Thanks, you just save me some $$$
Brevis and forskahlii live in the same rivers side by side. They have the same relationship as goliath and vittatus. Normally in a shipment of Sahelian tigerfish, 8-9 out of ten will be forskahlii and the remainder will be brevis. The brevis are normally left over because they're not quite as colorful as the forskahlii.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store