Cichla Tank mates??

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Yep, that is what I would do. Mech can be handled by water changes? But the bio you have, the less you have to wash.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
hello, i have a 180gallon that im setting up right now and i want to keep the tank alive. i wanted a stingray but they are illegal here in cali so what are some good tank mates for cichla. i dont really like arowanas,catfish ( some speices) so let me know what you have in ur tanks besides cichla. Thanks guys!!!
hear no stingray seen no stingray speak no stingray ;)

Mayo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2008
Australia
i skipped all the pages after reading the first post, but i like silver dollars and oscars with my bass, i also really like rays/aros/rtc but as u said ur not really interested in those

Joey822

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2012
Sparks Nevada
i skipped all the pages after reading the first post, but i like silver dollars and oscars with my bass, i also really like rays/aros/rtc but as u said ur not really interested in those
Well I love rays, but there illegal in cali, but I like catfish that are cool looking, not prehistoric looking catfish, I like tiger shovelnose and red tails a little.

Sent from my ADR6350 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Megabass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2012
Brantford,ontario,canada
hello, i have a 180gallon that im setting up right now and i want to keep the tank alive. i wanted a stingray but they are illegal here in cali so what are some good tank mates for cichla. i dont really like arowanas,catfish ( some speices) so let me know what you have in ur tanks besides cichla. Thanks guys!!!
More cichla

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
I got a black Aro, does amazing with them. Golden clown knife also does great. 2 vulture catfish, no issue, 2 teacup rays, no issue, and a Leo ray, no issue. Hoping to get a mate for my Leo ray soon, 3 bass in there ATM, waiting to throw 3 growouts and a tig cat in too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store