Cichla that will and will not eat off the gravel

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Interesting...I could be a learned thing with the kelberis. Post if the other 2 kelberi start doing it kendragon.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
FunWow!;4593020; said:
Interesting...I could be a learned thing with the kelberis. Post if the other 2 kelberi start doing it kendragon.
Kels are retarded....fail in learning.
If I saw my sibling getting strong and pretty munching massivore I would join them....but noooo! Will let you know if anything changes.
Pick out the cichlid gold retard.

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
With my 5 monos I been raising since 2" I have found this to be true also in the beginning. Cause I think by nature they like to chase there prey moving prey attracts them. But I have gotten mine to eat off the gravel now. Mine will eat cut shrimp off the gravel after they have swallowed what they ate that was sinking. My observation with feeders is when they swim fast to run away my PB attack them. But when the feeder doesn't run away unafraid of them they seem to leave it alone. This has been my observation.

stevenrox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
I AM LEGEND!
joecoulson;4593074; said:
Mine tried itbut it wasn't his cup of tea:

nice orino.:ROFL:

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
MyGiants;4595039; said:
With my 5 monos I been raising since 2" I have found this to be true also in the beginning. Cause I think by nature they like to chase there prey moving prey attracts them. But I have gotten mine to eat off the gravel now. Mine will eat cut shrimp off the gravel after they have swallowed what they ate that was sinking. My observation with feeders is when they swim fast to run away my PB attack them. But when the feeder doesn't run away unafraid of them they seem to leave it alone. This has been my observation.
True but kels behave differently. Question is can kels learn to eat off the bottom like monos? I've seen a lot of post where keepers can't even get them on pellets let along getting them to eat off the bottom. They are stubborn.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Look at the bright side, you don't have to worry about them choking on gravel or little rocks, that can jack up there insides, and they can't crap that stuff out......

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Another thing i started to notice is that my pinima rather eat stuff off the bottom. He barely eats before it gets to the bottom now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store