Cichlasoma trimaculatum

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Looks nice. I want it on my tank.

Would somebody give me some pointers on how to identify a TRUE trimac? People here suggest that we don't have a trimac and its more of a flowerhorn version. I'm looking at acquiring some specimen if I can get my hands on them.
Get from a reputable person such as Dan, Jeff, john, gage etc from the marketplace sub forums.

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
you got a youtube channel? i would be subbing dude, you are a model fish keeper with a stock of show winners man... hate you!-)
Lol thanks man. Yeah I'm on you tube as John Connolly. I really need to do an update. Soon as tour is over.
I love Trimacs.
Great looking fish you have there.
Thanks so much!
BOWSER!!! He's looking pretty awesome! Does he leave the cutteri alone?
Yep, Bowser! He tries to chase them at feeding time but they have him down. Too many hiding places he can't get to.

Looks nice. I want it on my tank.

Would somebody give me some pointers on how to identify a TRUE trimac? People here suggest that we don't have a trimac and its more of a flowerhorn version. I'm looking at acquiring some specimen if I can get my hands on them.
Thanks! Yeah as Paulbearer said a reputable breeder is the only way to know its pure.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
He looks great. He's what 5-6 years old? I think he was 2 or so when Jeff got rid of him if I remember correctly. Nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks Trace! Not sure on his age honestly. Grabbed him from Gage about a month ago but I'd think 5-6 would be about right.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Really nice specimen, great score John.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
Yep, Bowser! He tries to chase them at feeding time but they have him down. Too many hiding places he can't get to.
That's awesome! He must be super frustrated that he cannot catch them!

He looks great. He's what 5-6 years old? I think he was 2 or so when Jeff got rid of him if I remember correctly. Nice addition.
Thanks Trace! Not sure on his age honestly. Grabbed him from Gage about a month ago but I'd think 5-6 would be about right.
Bowser actually isn't that old. I originally got him at 2.5" from Gage in 2012. I kept him until about 6". He killed all the females from his batch and so he was rehomed to Cavamart. James actually got him to spawn a few times and then later went to Jeff (aclockworkorange). I then lost track of Bowser until I saw this thread. I'm glad he is in a good home. Keep us updated on his progress! (my kids are still upset that I let him go and they still ask about him)

Here is Bowser's old pics.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
That's awesome! He must be super frustrated that he cannot catch them!

Bowser actually isn't that old. I originally got him at 2.5" from Gage in 2012. I kept him until about 6". He killed all the females from his batch and so he was rehomed to Cavamart. James actually got him to spawn a few times and then later went to Jeff (aclockworkorange). I then lost track of Bowser until I saw this thread. I'm glad he is in a good home. Keep us updated on his progress! (my kids are still upset that I let him go and they still ask about him)

Here is Bowser's old pics.
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics. Good to know more about him too. He is far and away my wife's favorite fish in the room. Such a cool fish.

He was funny with the cutteri. At first he chased quite a bit but after three days of them realizing he could nt catch them they started spawning. Lol one of the females chases him away from her corner. They now hang out quite a bit when food isn't in the equation.

They spawn like crazy so he's always got some live food in there. If I find a female they will be moved for sure but not sure about spawning him yet.

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics. Good to know more about him too. He is far and away my wife's favorite fish in the room. Such a cool fish.

He was funny with the cutteri. At first he chased quite a bit but after three days of them realizing he could nt catch them they started spawning. Lol one of the females chases him away from her corner. They now hang out quite a bit when food isn't in the equation.

They spawn like crazy so he's always got some live food in there. If I find a female they will be moved for sure but not sure about spawning him yet.
That's awesome! I guess those cutteri really make a good dither for him. Do any of the fry survive?

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
That's awesome! I guess those cutteri really make a good dither for him. Do any of the fry survive?
No they all get picked off eventually. But with 2 pairs spawning there are fry in there every 2 weeks or so.

I've had these 6 cutteri in with lots of different fish and they seem to do pretty well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store