Circulation pump size question

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Some people on this forum are idiots and shouldnt be giving information. I feel sorry for the fish sometimes...

Sent from my HTC Hero S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
Some people on this forum are idiots and shouldnt be giving information. I feel sorry for the fish sometimes...

That's not only rude, but kind of uncalled for. In some ways i think that people are UNEDUCATED and could stand to learn something from someone who knows more than they do... But i don't openly call people an idiot and tell them not to give info... You must have studied for years to know EVERYTHING about the salt hobby...

Fact of the matter is, noone can know 100% of what is going on in a reef or in the hobby, that doesn't make them stupid or an idiot it just means they have learning to do. I've been a member of this forum for a long time now. (or so it seems). As a whole this forum has moved from helpful hobbyists, to showoffs, to a plethura of information... to people who think they know more than someone else... ((not saying you specifically) and not stating that some people don't actually know more) but to shove it in someone's face and insult them whether personally or generally is wrong....

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
That's not only rude, but kind of uncalled for. In some ways i think that people are UNEDUCATED and could stand to learn something from someone who knows more than they do... But i don't openly call people an idiot and tell them not to give info... You must have studied for years to know EVERYTHING about the salt hobby...

Fact of the matter is, noone can know 100% of what is going on in a reef or in the hobby, that doesn't make them stupid or an idiot it just means they have learning to do. I've been a member of this forum for a long time now. (or so it seems). As a whole this forum has moved from helpful hobbyists, to showoffs, to a plethura of information... to people who think they know more than someone else... ((not saying you specifically) and not stating that some people don't actually know more) but to shove it in someone's face and insult them whether personally or generally is wrong....
If they are uneducated, they shouldnt be giving out information to other hobbyists. They should be reading and learning. I have alot of years in the hobby and ill agree with you that i do not know everything. I still myself have questions once in a while. Its when people that post simple beginner questions two weeks before and then try and help with a problem but give an incorrect answer that bothers me. Someone needs to stand up for the fish...

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
If they are uneducated, they shouldnt be giving out information to other hobbyists. They should be reading and learning. I have alot of years in the hobby and ill agree with you that i do not know everything. I still myself have questions once in a while. Its when people that post simple beginner questions two weeks before and then try and help with a problem but give an incorrect answer that bothers me. Someone needs to stand up for the fish...

But people may believe that they are educated, google holds a lot of false answers as does many other forums including this one.... a good friend was once told that he was supposed to put marine salt in his freshwater aquarium because it was the same thing as aquatic fresh salt... and then told me when my fish had ich that i should've done the same thing...he didn't know any better...but because someone or some website which he did his research on taught him wrong... and he thought he knew better then tried to teach me... but because i learned from a more reliable source..i corrected him... You can't make an umbrella statement like that when someone could be trying to learn and be reading and receiving conflicting information...

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Water circulation pumps print the highest gph rating on the box - you have to read the box carefully as these pumps are multi purpose pumps. Because saltwater is heavier the gph will be lower than fresh and if your using the circulation pump for skimming the gph could be at it's max. Height, weight, and distance reduce the pumps gph.

Just cause the box says 550 doesn't mean it's circulated 550 in a marine environment unless it says 550 marine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store