ck problems

Deminon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
michigan
my ck doesn't seem to be doing good. For about 2 or so weeks he has been very inactive and has lost all appetite. Even when i put feeders in the tank he just lets them swim past him. he has become very thin and t least 3-4 times a day he lays on his side hardly moving and hardly breathing. all my other fish seem to be doing very well execpt him. i have tested my ammonia and nitite and they are both at 0. i have moved him into a smaller tank with a brown ghost knifefish so he wount have much compition for food. does anyone know what could be wrong with him, im afriad i might lose him within the week :cry:.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Do you raise your own feeders or keep them in quarenteen because other wise it is quite possible that the ck has a parasite from the feeder .. it which case you will need to medicate him.. i just hope you can do that before he gets worse.. parasite medicine and read directions according to the gallons of tank..and if possible i would take out the other knife or you risk him getting sick too.. best of luck

Deminon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
michigan
well he seems to be doing much better now. He no longer lays on his side, and he has started eating again. Im going to let him get a little stronger and in better shape before i move him back to the big tank.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Deminon;1655907; said:
well he seems to be doing much better now. He no longer lays on his side, and he has started eating again. Im going to let him get a little stronger and in better shape before i move him back to the big tank.
Thats good news..always like to hear when CK bounces back!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store