Cleanest fish?

nighthawk2207

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
Cincinnati,Ohio
What are the cleanest fish to own i have 2 oscars an a jack in a 125 im tired of having to change my water once every to weeks kuz of the oscars wantin to get some different fish that wont be such a hassle.
Any ideas? oh i dont want stupid fish like tetras or mollies or anything i would love to keep my oscars if they werent so dirty......

bigfishrcool1193

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
nighthawk2207;3222834; said:
What are the cleanest fish to own i have 2 oscars an a jack in a 125 im tired of having to change my water once every to weeks kuz of the oscars wantin to get some different fish that wont be such a hassle.
Any ideas? oh i dont want stupid fish like tetras or mollies or anything i would love to keep my oscars if they werent so dirty......
hate to tell you this but most small community fish would be your best bet. I still would do weekly waterchanges, like i do on both of my tanks, whether i had oscars or a community tank..

Edit: Are you ready for the hammering?

stevenrox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
I AM LEGEND!
get a doll no maintainice needed no need to feed either

leidy755

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2008
las vegas
You need to do water changes weekly, no matter what fish or filtration you have.
if you are tired and of changing the water every two weeks you shouldnt keep any fish. Any big fish with a personality such and oscar is a messy fish.
im sorry, but thats my opinion.

bigfishrcool1193

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
stevenrox;3222849; said:
get a doll no maintainice needed no need to feed either
:ROFL: or a pet taco

leidy755;3222850; said:
You need to do water changes weekly, no matter what fish or filtration you have.
if you are tired and of changing the water every two weeks you shouldnt keep any fish. Any big fish with a personality such and oscar is a messy fish.
im sorry, but thats my opinion.
i was gonna say that but didnt want to possibly get "in trouble":)

nighthawk2207

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
Cincinnati,Ohio
so when people say oscars are the dirtiest fish, they really mean that all fish are just as dirty as oscars, since no one has suggested that they know of some fish being "cleaner" than others..............

thanks for the helpful info................

bigfishrcool1193

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
nighthawk2207;3222878; said:
so when people say oscars are the dirtiest fish, they really mean that all fish are just as dirty as oscars, since no one has suggested that they know of some fish being "cleaner" than others..............

wow did you read my post? i said "hate to tell you this but most small community fish are your best bet." meaning fish like tetras create less poo than a big oscar.... still IMO still should be doing weekly waterchanges..

predatory fish (mainly fish eaters) are very messy fish

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
Polyptasaurus;3222884; said:
dude... ANY cichlid is cleaner than a damn oscar is!!!

get some nice sevs and geos, much less mess and they are BEAUTIFUL fish
:iagree:, but like everyone has already said, weekly water changes are always good to do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store