'Cleveland' Rocks!

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
with a name like "Bumbles" it could have just been a clumsy accident. 😁
Yep, Bumbles reminds me of Clydesdale Horse with Severe Learning Disabilities... He's like a Swimming Sweet Potato and he needs Institutionalized, ASAP!

The Silver Lining to this recent spate of Fishy Vandalism, is that the NYC of Plywood Aquariums is getting put together as Top Priority .5! What that means is I still got other things I wanna do, like ride the bike, build up my new filter system for the Posh Cleveland, eat some Easter Candy,

2. The real main reason that I want NYC built sooner, My 7 largest Koi, I was already surprised how much of a nitrate load they put in Chicago, and the Cleveland, almost 400 gallons smaller, it only makes common sense that the nitrates will spike sooner with the same fish load in a smaller tank.

I'm gonna get my thoughts lined up and ask the questions that I have, because besides this next large build, Chicago will need a ton of attention with plants and I don't even KNOW what kind of fish!!! I would sure like several Chain Pike but I have no clue where to get that sort of thing. Even on the internet, Can't find!

Filters though, so intriguing to me! Now in the garage, maybe I could do a garbage can sump? I don't even have permission yet. I tend to act first and get permission after because if I try permission first, the answer is always no. So I adapted to the situation, build first explain later!

• Haha
Reactions: Sassafras

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Parka Parka , Late Morning Reporting! With Vigor and Gusto... Vig & Gus Zyngawf, My Identical Albanian Cousins!

Now, all nonsense aside, As soon as the water reaches 65 degrees I will trap my 7 Koi and keep them in the pool until NYC is ready. There is a small stream that goes through my yard but I'm a bit too clumsy to get to it. I drove my Silver Power Wheels close to it but it got stuck and had to get off and push and not being able to get to the water's edge to gather and collect plants and animals, it hurts my Soul!
Koi pool, short term.jpg

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Parka Parka , self reporting with a heavy heart, please allow me a moment... Thank you, with Grace & Compassion.

Recently, two horrible, the unspeakable perhaps, beyond atrocious, a true atrocity has gripped my Soul and My Inner Junkie, he ain't no help, none whatsoever!
All's he wants to do is get high and wear raggedy ass robes and sing-talk in Tongues! He sure does favor Aerosmith and he thinks he's all hot in raggedy robes and stringy hair. My Inner Junkie Fancies himself as a Steven Tyler look-alike but the hard truth is that my Inner Junkie looks EXACTLY like that Cruddy ole dude on the cover of Jethro Tull's 'Aqualung', the poor bastidge!

1. The first Atro-City, the cost of my next build just increased 120 dollars and that bothers me real bad! It merits a complaint! The price of the glass I chose, some jerk decided to jack it up, again. Those two large front pieces increased from 520 to 580 bucks each. CRAP!

2. My last 'trocity is, how can I ever get very much done with the most beautiful weather because I got a bike that needs rode, Oh My! Plus, as a Member of the Community, I joined the Community Garden and Friday is my day to water the food pantry beds and yesterday I also watered because I was covering for the Thursday person. I daydream about filters all the time. Day Dreaming and Bike Riding, they go together like water and ice. Look at this pic, i wonder if I could make a sump type deal with several of those handy with a handle, 5 gallon water jug, that I HAPPENED UPON one day last September, at the park.
I NEED filter talk... multi layered filtering systems... 5 gal. water jug.jpg

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Me Again, Parka Parka , Self Report Update,

Today the glass I chose has now increased again, in just one day it went from $580 to $598 per sheet. Just a week or two ago it was $520 per sheet.

I really think I should start my next build thread, The NYC, it might help to motivate me to clean up the messes I left in my wake as The Posh Cleveland was built and set up. Tomorrow will mark 2 full weeks since the Waters of Cleveland began circulating through the full floor under gravel filter and after one week I noticed the water beginning to clear and at two weeks, it still is not there yet, that crystal clear look that is so appealing and just plain healthy looking and smelling water, I can't get motivated to do the crappy clean up the basement work. I need an able bodied body double is what I need!

Chet E.

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2021
Minnesota
Love your posts. Gotta say you reached into my head with the 10 foot gutter filter idea. I've been chasing this idea around for a while. It's going to be suspended above the water and have many leak points where water can drip out and simulate rain. I may use PVC for the gutter. Can't wait to see your idea unfold. Enjoy the day.

Reactions: Parka

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
. It's going to be suspended above the water and have many leak points where water can drip out and simulate rain
Very Clever! Very good idea! Hooray for Filter Talk!

I'm just figuring things out as I go, I tend to copy cat ideas and maybe add my twist here and there, for example, now I'm thinking about how I could build a continuous loop of a gutter like system, to wrap around the top of the entire tank, with different leak points and deeper basins here and there, is that what a 'refugim' is? I don't know why, but a deeper basin along the gutter, I'm very interested with major curiosity, I got 'Sump' on the brain!

Reactions: Chet E.

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
SE USA
I got 'Sump' on the brain!
I've always said that you're really sumpin! :grinyes:

You know, overhead filtration is pretty common in the East. You really could realize many of the benefits of a sump and have it "overhead", so to speak. Your gutter idea could provide the raceway with "stops" along the way for filtration. I think duanes duanes incorporates some interesting "not under the tank" sumps in his setups.

People do everything from crude and simple to more engineered. Take a look.

1711926698071.png

This one is from MFK
1711926923399.png

This one is actually almost decorative looking.
1711927082985.png

I'm such a stickler for the natural look that one of my main reasons for a sump is to hide all the equipment. Otherwise, I'd be all in for an overhead filter/sump. It could be done with a much smaller pump than an under tank sump.

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Wow, that's cool and I'm so eager to get some plants growing both in the tank and a hydro get up,
And thanks for the pics, you really are Sumpin Else!

I got a real update, worthy of it's own self report...

Parka Parka , Self Reporting, troubles about! And other exciting Developments!

1. The Troubles. It looks like I won't be doing any bike riding anytime soon. The motor is on the front wheel and there was a malfunction and the electric cord to the motor got wrapped around the hub and some of the wires pulled away and it does not power up anymore. I bought it online from an outfit in Utah. It's all Chinese made and it is very well built overall but I worry what kind of hassle a repair will be.

In the meantime, I will use this downtime, I was highly looking forward to daily rides, going day camping on my bike... So I will bust ass on my next build while I can't ride, that way I won't have time to mope about my broken down bike,

2. I ordered all the materials that I didn't already have for the NYC build, today. I will still need more silicone glue, with tax my order was just over 2 grand and I don't know why I didn't toss a box in, but I order my screws from Home Depot and I can just get it then!

Okay good night, I drank vodka and cussed really effin loud when my bike dint work today!

• Sad
Reactions: Sassafras

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Sassafras Sassafras , how's about this instead? I found the silver lining so fast. Yeah, for a moment I was fraught with very high level of frustration, and the Vodka, sometimes, anyway, it's not like I lost a finger, or friend, or even my wallet! The silver lining is, my old peddle only trike! About 8 years ago I stopped riding my old red bike because I also stopped driving then.

So anyway, fast forward to today and I was very surprised how little work was needed to get my old bike road worthy. I took it out for about 3 miles today, I had to stop a lot on the upgrades, and just catch a rest, as I keep riding, I'm sure the slight but long hills will get easier. And this will be WAY more work and exercise than riding my Big Boss Bike, damn I love that thing, it is so burly!
more wheels.jpg

But yeah, I got some tank pics too. Frass, he is a stickler for the natural look and I get it. My Parking Lot would look pretty natural normal... if it weren't for a bunch of Fantastic Swimmers flapping their fins, I also rebuilt the World Heritage Site, Stonehenge Replica and my Goldfish really seem to enjoy swimming through the rock openings and the tree trunk.The main lot.jpgPearl's Memorial.jpg

Now this weed here, below, I don't know what it is, It's kinda like a dandylion looking plant but when I put one in with my Goldfish yesterday, they were very much all eating it up pretty fast, it was fun and interesting to watch, I never saw them get so hoggish for other greens in the past. Okay, Good night! I might start my new build thread tomorrow, it's time, materials are getting delivered.
a weed.jpg

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
SE USA
Go, Man go! That bike looks laid back cool. Does really give you a workout I'll bet.

Tank is getting a bit clearer. Strange how you can set one tank up and it never clouds and the next set up may take weeks to clear. Different bacteria species maybe?

My wife has a beaded dragon that like to eat those same, tall dandelion looking weeds. That and butternut squash! Never thought that herbivorous fish might like it too.

So glad the silver lining appeared!

• Love
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store