Cloudy eyes

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I do regular changes every 10-14 days never had any issues all other tank mates are fine. Sometimes being a fish keeper is really stressful haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I don't know how big of a water change you do, but IMO 10-14 days is not often enough, I don't care what the fish are. How heavy is your bio-load? I do 75% changes weekly, more often if I have time (or the desire to do it). In my 150 I only have 4 fish totaling about 30 inches and running 3 cannister filters. Change a lot and change it a lot is a good motto to have your fish live by.

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
I do 50percent every time I've been keeping fish for the last 15 years and never had issue with water quality before I will change it again tomorrow, i did use a new type of tap water safe instead of aqua safe as the Lfs was out could this contribute to it.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I do 50percent every time I've been keeping fish for the last 15 years and never had issue with water quality before I will change it again tomorrow, i did use a new type of tap water safe instead of aqua safe as the Lfs was out could this contribute to it.

It might. I have a carbon filter that I attach to the sink to prefilter the water before the tank. I fill slow, so that it is on the carbon a long time. I change it twice a year. I think whatever your water source it is a good idea - and CHEAP. available at every walmart I have been in, or mail order. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Water-Filter-with-Hose/14504321

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Ill have a look see if I can pick one up in the uk, going to do another water change today, and find some normal tap water safe which i usually use. Would adding a carbon filter help.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Sure it would help, follen. I assume your tap water over there is as bad as it is most places in the US. I think the important thing about using a filter like this is to fill your tank slowly, so that the water is in contact with the carbon for the longest possible time. I takes me over an hour to replace 100 gallons on a water change.

djlamonica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2012
SE Michigan
Same thing happened to a male rotkeil I brought home. Not sure what cause it but I treated the entire 90 g he was in with aquarium salt and it cleared up in a couple days. I just followed the instructions on the box. I would have used a qt tank but they 90 had ich and I had another cichlid with a sore from a cut so I just treated the whole thing. Gl

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store