Cloudy Glass

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp

This relieves stress and explains why it has had no ill effects on my fishes. No lye but formaldehyde, but it's bound to a physical form, not water soluble. If day old Ray pups can handle it, must not be too toxic.

Divemaster. I'm sorry I don't have a solution. Have you tried scraping with a razor?

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I distinctly remember hearing or reading about Proctor Gamble finally having to disclose their secret formula for Magic Eraser, due to a lot of people having reactions, and hearing it was lye. Maybe it was just one of those rumor that gets out there.

OP, maybe try vinegar for your glass and/or Magic Eraser since its safely been working for Dieselhybrid

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Don't have any straight edge razors on me, would an algae scraper work? I also remember that I tried rubbing alcohol before it was set up as well and it didn't do anything.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Well I found some stuff out. I took an algae scraper to the inside of the glass with no effect. Then I scrubed the outside with glass cleaner and it worked while wet so what I found out is the cloudiness is on both sides but doesn't show up in water, so what does that tell us? I'm going to try lemon juice on the outside soon.

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
IfYou run your finger nail on the inside of the tank does the glass feel rough? If it does the glass might be etched from all the hard water. If that's the case, you have two solutions, ceridium oxide and a high speed polisher, or buy a new tank. If the glad feels smooth it might be glass disease caused by pour manufacturing of the glass. In which case you either have to live with it or buy a new tank.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
IfYou run your finger nail on the inside of the tank does the glass feel rough? If it does the glass might be etched from all the hard water. If that's the case, you have two solutions, ceridium oxide and a high speed polisher, or buy a new tank. If the glad feels smooth it might be glass disease caused by pour manufacturing of the glass. In which case you either have to live with it or buy a new tank.
Oh great so I'm screwed :). I'm already saving up for a new 30, and a new light since the one on it now burnt out after three days :p

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Well I fixed the outer glass, glass cleaner used vigorously enough got rid of the outside cloudiness almost completely but obviously I can't use it on the inside. Here's a picture of that oval patterning on the inside that I was talking about

image.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
One of the admins on nanfa said this is permanent after looking at the picture. Guess it's time to see what LFS has the best deal on 30 longs.

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
I would try vinegar and a soaked rag with it. My first 48 gallon came from a warehouse where they used it to hold old oil cans: 0

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store