Cloudy Water Help

Truetommy

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mass
I just finally filled up my new 100 gallon tank about a week ago, about two days ago i took the cycled filters off my 55 as well as a secondary filter and put them on the 100, i also transfered the fish from the 55 up inyo the hundred gallon. For the first few days everything seemed fine, and the water was crystal clear. However when i got up this morning the water was soo cloudy i could barely see the fish. I instantly checked the water parameters and everything was all set, so then i changed the filter floss on my filters and did a 50% water change. The water change helped initially, but when i walked back in about an hour after the water was worse than it was tgis morning. You can even see clouds moving around in the water, if anyone knows what this might be, any help would be greatly appretiated. Thanks

20151021_151347.jpg

20151021_151339.jpg

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Just a bacteria bloom, which is harmless. Once the new tank "settles" in, the cloudiness should go away. Just keep checking parameters

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
If this cloudiness occurred a few days later, as stated in the original post, then its not the sand

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
sounds like tank is not cycled or filters medie not able to handle the new bio load. what are you using for a test kit?

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
Test your water parameters and be certain they're alright.
It's probably a bacterial bloom. Happens sometimes in new tanks. Perfectly harmless. Doing big water changes is probably a good idea, since the tank is new and potentially unstable, and it'll help cut down on the fogginess.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Test your water parameters and be certain they're alright.
It's probably a bacterial bloom. Happens sometimes in new tanks. Perfectly harmless. Doing big water changes is probably a good idea, since the tank is new and potentially unstable, and it'll help cut down on the fogginess.
I instantly checked the water parameters and everything was all set, so then i changed the filter floss on my filters and did a 50% water change.
Just a bacteria bloom, which is harmless. Once the new tank "settles" in, the cloudiness should go away.
I suppose redundancy is typically a good thing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store