Cloudy yellowish water….

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Would only take several minutes of direct sunlight exposure to create an algae bloom. I see there is sunlight on the floor in your photo.

Maximus146

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2020
Would only take several minutes of direct sunlight exposure to create an algae bloom. I see there is sunlight on the floor in your photo.
I thought maybe that was an issue as well (which was why I showed the tank in relation to the door /sunlight)
Thanks!

Maximus146

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2020
So I think what I’m going to do is keep the tank covered during the morning hours when the tank is getting direct sunlight and then remove the cover when the sun has moved

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
This is just an observation and totally unrelated to your issue.

When I first saw the picture in your opening post I had to double take. The positioning of your tank in relation to the opening of the door is scary. If a child or an excited dog came rushing through that door, or a draught caught it, the door handle could smash into your tank, which may be catastrophic.

If I was you I would add a doorstop on the floor to totally eliminate the potential for disaster.

Maximus146

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2020
This is just an observation and totally unrelated to your issue.

When I first saw the picture in your opening post I had to double take. The positioning of your tank in relation to the opening of the door is scary. If a child or an excited dog came rushing through that door, or a draught caught it, the door handle could smash into your tank, which may be catastrophic.

If I was you I would add a doorstop on the floor to totally eliminate the potential for disaster.
So the door stop is actually built into the top hinge. Believe me….I thought about this concern for a while before placing the tank there ??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store