Clown Fish Host Anemones

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
So if one was to get a hardy anemone that didn't necessarily host the clowns that were resident in the tank, would they ignore each other or would the clowns try host that anemone and get stung? How would that go down?

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
If the clowns try to host them they will either get burnt or eaten.
not all the time, say you get a condy anemone with a pair of ocell clowns....they might just get stung, and would learn not to go back into the nem...it's not like the condys gonna wrap them around the tentacles and slowly ingest them....it depends on the nem that you get..

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
not all the time, say you get a condy anemone with a pair of ocell clowns....they might just get stung, and would learn not to go back into the nem...it's not like the condys gonna wrap them around the tentacles and slowly ingest them....it depends on the nem that you get..
Well thats what I was getting at, the nem wont accept them as a host, but it will sting them, and it could eat them.

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
I'm a fan of assuming worst-case scenario and being over cautious with my fish. lol. Thanks guys for the clarification!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store