clown fish spawning/nest/eggs?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Heathd;4288956; said:
If its a passive trait, then you could (in an extreme case) have all your little fry end up with this trait, and on the other side of tracks, expect that none of them end up with this trait.

Its genetics, and imo, all bets are off when you start talking about chances. There are people out there where both the parents have the same defective chromosome in their gene pool, but none of their 4 children have it. There have also been parents who had a 1 in 4 chance of having a second child with progeria, they decide to go for it, and end up with two kids who have progeria.
i am asuming that it is a passive trait cause they are supost to be very uncommon...i have not ever seen another fish like mine anywere in this state, but they may be more availible in others...i just got real lucky and found this mated pair...

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Chances are if both parents show the trait then it will most likely be passed on to the fry, but not nessisarily in the same way. If you were to look at the "platinum" clowns, the bred clowns that have more white together, and then they choose the offspring with the most, then repeat the proccess untill the desiered effect has been created. So its more then possible that the fry will be similar, though the teardrop may be bigger or smaller or in others may be non existant. Its even possible you mite end up with some that do not have that stripe at all, so it really depends.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
cool..i'll have to see how it goes...as the male has the stripe touching,but divided...while the female has it goin down 3/4 of the side, but not there from 3/4 to the belly...could give me a cool mix...would the fry get along or would it be like with baby aros?

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
The fry will basically school for a wile, then one becomes dominant then they start to pair off and get agressive, but this is over a period of months if not a year.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store