Clown knife feeding

zaedmi92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2011
San Jose
I just recently bought a Clown knife from a local fish store and I can't get him to eat anything other than live feeders. I have tried crickets, mealworms, blood worms, various Cichlid Pellets, and frozen brine shrimp. Could someone please tell me what I can do to get my Clown Knife to eat other foods. He was fed only live fish at the fish store. He's in a 100 gallon with smaller catfish, a Pleco, and a Black Convict. He's 8 inches and I've had him for a couple weeks. I have had to break down a couple of times and give him some live guppies. Any information would be appreciated.

I posted the same thing in the Clown Knife Information thread; however, I did not get any responses so I will try my luck here.

bgwilly31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cincinnati
I just recently bought a Clown knife from a local fish store and I can't get him to eat anything other than live feeders. I have tried crickets, mealworms, blood worms, various Cichlid Pellets, and frozen brine shrimp. Could someone please tell me what I can do to get my Clown Knife to eat other foods. He was fed only live fish at the fish store. He's in a 100 gallon with smaller catfish, a Pleco, and a Black Convict. He's 8 inches and I've had him for a couple weeks. I have had to break down a couple of times and give him some live guppies. Any information would be appreciated.

I posted the same thing in the Clown Knife Information thread; however, I did not get any responses so I will try my luck here.
I havent tried earthworms yet. But mine is the same way. Im assuming it will just take some time. And eventually he wil break down and eat something else. But like you i have tried dried shrimp pellets, Frozen shrimp, and bloodworms.

zaedmi92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2011
San Jose
He hasn't eaten since Sunday and still refuses to eat anything else, but live fish. I'd like to try some earthworms, however I don't know of any bate shops nearby.

fook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
us
He hasn't eaten since Sunday and still refuses to eat anything else, but live fish. I'd like to try some earthworms, however I don't know of any bate shops nearby.
Just go outside at dusk after it rains. They are all over. And be patient. When he is hungry enough he will decide to eat something else.

I feed my ck everyday. If I miss a few days he tends to jump out in the middle of the night and make himself a pizza or burritos. Huge mess...never does his own dishes.

zaedmi92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2011
San Jose
I breed my own feeders. I had a lot of success with the Nightcrawlers. He ate about 4-5.

I'll make sure to keep the fridge stocked in case he decides to get a midnight snack then

fook

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
us
I breed my own feeders. I had a lot of success with the Nightcrawlers. He ate about 4-5.

I'll make sure to keep the fridge stocked in case he decides to get a midnight snack then
They prefer sausage pizza. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store