Clown Knife fish with mouth injury

A.Vazquez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2024
one of the feeder fish was a bit too big, i didnt think it would attempt to eat it... but here we are. mouth is closed but 1 side looks white, I can see what appears to be the "hinge" (where the lower jaw connects to the upper jaw) of the jaw under the white skin. No visible breaks, blood, or tears. mouth moves, doesnt appear to be struggling with anything.
Any Help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: surfermike915

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022
I had a similar incident, except I was not sure what exactly happened. How large is yours. Mine was rather small when this injury happened. I made a thread about the injury and took pictures as well. His was on the right side of his jaw, protruding outwards. It was also white. At first I thought it was a growth. Let me know what you find as this is valuable information.

Reactions: A.Vazquez

A.Vazquez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2024
I had a similar incident, except I was not sure what exactly happened. How large is yours. Mine was rather small when this injury happened. I made a thread about the injury and took pictures as well. His was on the right side of his jaw, protruding outwards. It was also white. At first I thought it was a growth. Let me know what you find as this is valuable information.
My buddy is about a foot i suppose. I've never measured it honestly. how did your guy do?

A.Vazquez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2024
definitely not a growth on my ckf though :( it looks like its jaw closed wrong

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022
Mine was about 7”. Yes it did look as though he had a jaw injury. This was early Sept, when it first appeared, he lived for a while longer before he was killed by my Dovii. Didn’t seem to affect his appetite nor his growth.

IMG_6764.jpeg

Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store