Clown loach life span

jconley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
Columbia, MD
I will absolutely TRY to get some pics but it could take a while if at all.

adimeatatime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2006
NM -USA
It is nice to know that with good care a clown loach can live a very long time. :) I have 3 that are around 5.5 inches and I love to watch them mess around.

Zeppelin3k

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2006
Appleton, WI
icthyophile;689645; said:
I have a 12" clown loach. I have no idea how old it is though. I purchased it at 10" size a few years ago. Hopefully it will still be around for years to come and I'll need to include it in my will.
:eek: post some pics of that pig!

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I've read about the 50 year lifespan somewhere as well, but I don't know if that's wild or captive....certainly makes you look at them in a different light, and take better care of them too! A fish for life! Weird to think you could keep one for all that time. Makes me more annoyed when I go into LFS and they havn't taken good care of their Clowns. I see too many with knifeback and it pisses me off cos' I know they're probably gonna die....

Sept.Oct.065 (3).jpg

canevae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2006
Santa Clara
Great loaches. I have three 5'' guys. I transferred them to a friend because I had to relocate my family. Keep a fish or a pet for fourty yeas is a great work.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I'll bump this for mei, she was interested in Clowns life span

jasonmac978

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2007
MASS
bmxer4ever;692981; said:
I've read about the 50 year lifespan somewhere as well, but I don't know if that's wild or captive....certainly makes you look at them in a different light, and take better care of them too! A fish for life! Weird to think you could keep one for all that time. Makes me more annoyed when I go into LFS and they havn't taken good care of their Clowns. I see too many with knifeback and it pisses me off cos' I know they're probably gonna die....
Sweet loaches!!!

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
This thread is making me want clown loaches!! MUST RESIST AAAAAAAAAARGH

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Stone Like Fish;1398569; said:
This thread is making me want clown loaches!! MUST RESIST AAAAAAAAAARGH