Clown Loach Sick.

JesusFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
Monroe, WA
So one of my five clown loaches has developed several large white spots on it over the last month. It looked like it was getting better and now it seems to have taken a turn for the worse. I dont think its Ich, there are just a few big spots instead of a ton of tiny ones. Also all my other fish look exceedingly healthy. Anyone have any advise to give?

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
my guess is either fungus or bacteria, check your water parameters.

i would do a 25% water change everyday and dose with salt + raise temps to see if that will help. i would also use melafix and primafix but some people would say it doesnt work.

tomomothy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
my guess is either fungus or bacteria, check your water parameters.

i would do a 25% water change everyday and dose with salt + raise temps to see if that will help. i would also use melafix and primafix but some people would say it doesnt work.
Similar thing happened to my buddies clown loaches. It wiped 2 of his 3, and nearly lost his 3rd. He basically followed the steps above, but he didnt have enough to save more than the 1. Good luck, let us know how they do

JesusFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
Monroe, WA
Just did a water change. Ill do one every day, Im gonna go get the right salt also. the heat is already cranked up to 80-81 degrees f. I dont wanna go much higher or it will over stress them. ill let you guys know what happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store