Coffee Table Anemone Aquarium

Lepisosteus

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Haven’t shared this yet as I’ve been waiting for it to fill in with anemones first.

i picked up this coffee table aquarium off kijiji for $150. Added an aquaclear 70 I had lying around, an AI prime, bought a cheap eheim heater and fluval powerhead.

Looking at the build construction you can tell it’s designed to be ostentatious over functional.

the tank is rimless with 1/4” acrylic construction. The panels bow about 1-2” outwards on all sides. While building my other tanks I considered remaking it out of 3/4” acrylic but I do plan to upgrade it to something along the lines of 6x2x12” Tall as this tank has been a treat.

stocking includes 10 clownfish. Frostbites, extreme frostbites, snowflakes and misbars. there are around 15 anemones in the tank. 2 chicago sunburst, 11 or so pink tips and two flames. There’s a cluster of about 10 plutonium bounce mushrooms as well.

Maintenance on this tank has been simple. 10 gallon waterchange, spray and wipe the glass top with vinegar and water, and wipe acrylic with a mr clean magic eraser whenever I feel.

The end goal is to have this thing packed with anemones with hosting clownfish. I think it would be an incredible top down display.

Some work still needs to be done. The light mount will be replaced with a 4 sided acrylic box with polished edges and a planter on top. Corner braces will be added to the tank to raise the glass panel about 3/4” allowing for more air circulation, more clearance above the aquaclear and to brace the shoddy aquarium. I’d like to replace the 1/4” bent acrylic panel that they call a stand for a nicely made dark walnut base to match the rest of the furniture.

B9D11751-9622-41E5-9324-BD7735A2A95D.jpeg

189B6B58-8270-4327-9D74-E228DF4FE8AE.jpeg

B166DC99-42E5-4E29-9102-34B0867B41A4.jpeg

4A8BE6C6-8E23-4390-B464-A79D57D0D332.jpeg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Haven’t shared this yet as I’ve been waiting for it to fill in with anemones first.

i picked up this coffee table aquarium off kijiji for $150. Added an aquaclear 70 I had lying around, an AI prime, bought a cheap eheim heater and fluval powerhead.

Looking at the build construction you can tell it’s designed to be ostentatious over functional.

the tank is rimless with 1/4” acrylic construction. The panels bow about 1-2” outwards on all sides. While building my other tanks I considered remaking it out of 3/4” acrylic but I do plan to upgrade it to something along the lines of 6x2x12” Tall as this tank has been a treat.

stocking includes 10 clownfish. Frostbites, extreme frostbites, snowflakes and misbars. there are around 15 anemones in the tank. 2 chicago sunburst, 11 or so pink tips and two flames. There’s a cluster of about 10 plutonium bounce mushrooms as well.

Maintenance on this tank has been simple. 10 gallon waterchange, spray and wipe the glass top with vinegar and water, and wipe acrylic with a mr clean magic eraser whenever I feel.

The end goal is to have this thing packed with anemones with hosting clownfish. I think it would be an incredible top down display.

Some work still needs to be done. The light mount will be replaced with a 4 sided acrylic box with polished edges and a planter on top. Corner braces will be added to the tank to raise the glass panel about 3/4” allowing for more air circulation, more clearance above the aquaclear and to brace the shoddy aquarium. I’d like to replace the 1/4” bent acrylic panel that they call a stand for a nicely made dark walnut base to match the rest of the furniture.

View attachment 1491399

View attachment 1491400

View attachment 1491401

View attachment 1491402
Haven't see a coffee table aquarium in years. Putting anemones in it was a great idea. The clownfish probably really like it. Years ago people would put goldfish in the aquarium.

Reactions: Joshuakahan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store