Common Wolf Fish with Snake heads

EricTheRed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2015
Personally, I found this thread very useful and entertaining with multiple posters making very good points about how tough it is for even very formidable fish to survive and thrive in the wild. It’s literally a jungle out there and Mother Nature can be unforgiving and brutal to the weak and unprepared. We humans are very fortunate to have our intelligence and advanced technology to make our lives safer and more enjoyable here on earth.

Oh, and I would not place an adult snakehead and an adult wolffish together in an aquarium…

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Personally, I found this thread very useful and entertaining with multiple posters making very good points about how tough it is for even very formidable fish to survive and thrive in the wild. It’s literally a jungle out there and Mother Nature can be unforgiving and brutal to the weak and unprepared. We humans are very fortunate to have our intelligence and advanced technology to make our lives safer and more enjoyable here on earth.

Oh, and I would not place an adult snakehead and an adult wolffish together in an aquarium…
Perhaps.

It's a little too "My fish can whip your fish!" for me to take it seriously. :)

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
You feed them with your hands? You put your fingers near the wolf fish mouth? Videos?
No the tank is 4' tall so it's not much of a distance as far as feeding the fish and when I say I feed them by my hands I toss the food in close to his face. He has actually jumped once and nipped my finger and I did bleed some, immediately cleaned the wound and used hydrogen peroxide/alcohol Incase of any bacteria. I don't want an infection but this was a few months ago and all is well. Regarding the apex predator situation, I'm talking about the relevant subject because ever creature on this planet has a predator that can/could harm them but again I'm speaking only the relevant one and that's a gatf in comparison to many other fish and the possible result in the fish being killed by the predominantly bigger a d toothier tank mate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store