Concrete Block Stand

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
Hello monster fish keepers. Im making a diy 55g tank stand with 8x8x16 blocks. I have the tank on it already, and i want To cover the blocks with plywood to make it look like a real stand. Does any1 have any ideas or has done the same kind of stand that i can steal? Much appreciated.

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
I had a block stand for my 480g. I wrapped it in black fabric from walmart for about $20.
Its a great idea but the wife wants it to be wood and so do i. Im lookin to basically cover the blocks with plywood.

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
if your not worried about removing it and do not need access to underneath then liquid nails would be fine.. what im going to do is use furring strip and glue those to the brick. then im gonna buy paneling or plywood and screw that to the furring strips.. this way i can do it in panels so i can remove them if necessary

Reactions: JOSCAR05

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
Liquid nails and cheep wood paneling with a little trim and you could make it all kinds of pretty for her.
Wood panels are about $10 for an 8x4 sheet
liquid nails is $3-5
trim is around $5

Have the hardware store cut the panleing for you if you do not have a table saw when I tried to cut it with a jigsaw I shreaded it.

Freshwater4Life

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2015
VB
if your not worried about removing it and do not need access to underneath then liquid nails would be fine.. what im going to do is use furring strip and glue those to the brick. then im gonna buy paneling or plywood and screw that to the furring strips.. this way i can do it in panels so i can remove them if necessary
Just get hinges and attach doors to the plywood

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
I need to go to home depot and ask what furring strips are lol so i have an idea of how to use them. Thanks bro

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
Liquid nails and cheep wood paneling with a little trim and you could make it all kinds of pretty for her.
Wood panels are about $10 for an 8x4 sheet
liquid nails is $3-5
trim is around $5

Have the hardware store cut the panleing for you if you do not have a table saw when I tried to cut it with a jigsaw I shreaded it.
Is wood paneling thinner than plywood?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store