Consciousness a 'realistic possibility' in birds, fish, squid and bees, scholars say

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
My wife and I have some property in a remote village on the ocean coast that is not on the road system. It was a Russian village at one time but they bailed out long ago. Some of the locals put a recipe book together years ago and I thought it would be interesting to peek through it to see what kind of revolting stuff they enjoyed in years past and maybe there was something I might as well.

One of the women's recipes was for octopus and I don't remember anything about how it was cooked but I do recall one sentence in the recipe that stood out as if in bold print. The note at the bottom of the page said:

"the octopus is easier to clean if you do it while they're still alive".

• Wow
Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I was on a recon petrol in Viet Nam in 1970, nothing was happening except a bunch of monkeys were doing a recon of us at a distance.
One of the guys got bored and threw a couple stones at the monkeys.
The troop of monkeys immediately Krapped in their "hands", singled him out, and peppered him with feces.
Kind of gave me a new take on animal consciousness.
Sorry, but if those monkeys all came to the conclusion that throwing fresh s**t at a bunch of guys armed with automatic weapons was a good idea...that doesn't really make them sound all that smart...:)

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
The preferred way to cook lobster is to throw them live into a pot of boiling water.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Headline: scientists find out (most) animals are actually alive

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
New York declares it a real possibility that cognitive scholars are actually conscious despite any firm evidence to support this.

Reactions: jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store