convicts wont breed

Alhazred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2009
California
veunknown;3803793; said:
i got a pair of convicts i pick them up cause the had breed before and since i got them they havent done anything i got them in a 50gal tank and have a flower pot inside the water temp is 80 there is other fish inside im now out of all ideas on what to do.

Some times the stress from a move will break up a couple separate them for a few days then re introduce see if that helps

Mercury2234

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2009
Orlando, FL
Had the same problems my friend, do what I did...

Buy 2 males and 4 females or whichever, and wait until they pair up themselves...

Once the first couple lay eggs, get rid of the others...return them for credit or feed em to your other fish.

Trust me...it was a very frustration situation for me too...the male would beat up the female 24/7, then i got a new male, then the FEMALE would beat up the new male...Decided to say to hell with it and bought the new pairs , and voila, next 2 weeks...EGGS! Now I got over 100+ little young ones in the tank.

FYI, you will notice when they pair up...they will absolutely attack anything that comes close to them.

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

myfish

Feeder Fish
Jan 11, 2010
Saint Paul, MN
Check your water. Cons are like rabbits that breed like crazy. Are they together? Other fish bothering them will make them less likely to breed. Although I use to have a pair that bred every month in a 220 with 2 12in red devils lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store