convincing mom into a bearded dragon

arowana man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
beardeds are like puppys. they will reconize you and beg and everything. they can be very tame. will eat pelletized food and vegies instead of insects!!! no reason not to get one.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe

Oh dont they?:D Now seriously Beardys do bite just like any other reptile, but this guys are much less likely to do so than many other species. If you are gentle whit him, there is a very small chance of being bitten. Most beard dragons are very calm and gentle creatures. In my opinion a comon house cat tends to be more unpredicteble. But that doesant mean that you should handle an adult male with questinable temper. Every single herp has a unique personality, whit it´s likes and dislikes. Some animals react badly to any handling. Hurting tose feelings can get you into troble. But let´s not jump into conclusions and let´s assume that your possible new pet has the great personality of most beardys. Here´s a great care sheet: go to www.anapsid.org , select option lizards and then beard dragons. good luck;)

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
the above is a great pic,love that guys blackness.After breeding them for 5 years or so back in the day I have never been bitten.That does not mean they wont if not in a good mood.After all the herps ive had all my life however,I am not the kind of person that sticks my finger up to their mouths like a kitty cat.Of all the lizards,beardes have short necks witch while holding them it is very hard for them to turn around and reach you to bite in the first place.If they feed from your fingers then you always got the chance of accident.Its not like getting bit by a monitor or something.By no means is it even like a bad cat or dog bite.Like I said,if mine was open mouth mad and waiting for me then I just would trick him and grab him from behind.Once your holding it its really hard for them to get you even if they wanted.Normaly they are cool as heck.Its a great liz to get because they are active and respond to the owner well.They are beggers,thats for sure.Great animals.Realy though mom,the bite wouldnt be a big deal even if it happend.This kids gonna be catching worse stuff in the wild some day anyways.Keeping this guy will bring him some wonderfull times to come.Its worth it even if it bit him the first day.lol.Anyways,they realy become like little dogs.Cool pets.Just give it all the right stuff and it will give you some fun expereinces to come.Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store