Cool beginner fish for a 90 gallon display tank?

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
very true fleshy. his tank is very touchy. thats why not to many fish do well when added. this is actually the first tank he has not crashed. mostly bc he has a refugium i think. and its larger so small problems are slightly diluted

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
but what is really wierd is my fresh tank is perfect. i have not done a water change in almost 2 months and it tests perfect. not even any algea :) i feed every 2 days too. its a mystery. besides topping it off i have not changed any water. well and the accasional leak here and there when somethin gets bumped or moved. but thats only a gallon or so.
i will be doin a water change tonight tho just incase there are any build up in the water

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Hmm strange. Thats actually easier to do in marine tanks in my opinion, because of growth of macros in the sump.

Diogenes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham, AL
well let me put all minds to ease. i vow to rehome/upgrade tanks to accommodate for the size of every fish as needed. scouts honor...

I mean come on...I have over 2000 MFK posts worth of asking experienced hobbyists for advice about fish. You'd think anybody who does that much research and spends that much time learning about fish will at least pay attention to the needs of their tank right?

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
FLESHY;4508224; said:
Hmm strange. Thats actually easier to do in marine tanks in my opinion, because of growth of macros in the sump.
yea thats true. there is def more of an ecosystem goin.

n ha ok Diogenes, as long as you promise :ROFL:

viperbot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Hey Diogenes,

I have a 90g (400ltr) fowlr and keep a niger trigger, dogface puffer and a jeweled moray together with no probs. Thinking of introducing a harlequin tusk in a month or so. I plan to upgrade to no bigger than a 600ltr (think thats a bout 160g) when they put on size as they are all only about half their adult size. Forget the tank police and just keep a good waterchange shedule and you will do fine. The trigger is by far the most aggressive fish in the tank, and will chase them all somedays, and leave them be for weeks at a time, strange oul fish so he is. Anyway, good luck ;).

Viperbot
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/member.php?u=44027

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Overstocking can be done, but it is not for the beginner. It will also eventually make you feel terrible about yourself. I already feel bad about having 2x 3" triggers in a 6' long tank. Just wait till they are 10" long.

BigO6687

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2010
banana land
FLESHY;4642665; said:
ust wait till they are 10" long.
So you'll be feeling guilty in like 10 years? ;)

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Yea...the triggs dont seem to eat much to be honest.

Panther grouper will be there soon though...well...probably a year or so I would guess. He has grown visibly since I got him. My only complaint is that he came with a broken jaw. Now he looks like Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store