cooters tanks

welsher7

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
$350 is a lot of money for volitan.

What is the footprint of the 150g?

The 4 tangs and three clowns are crazy. Two yellow tangs will usually fight, but your look small now. Once they put on some size watch out though. Three clowns normally don't work out either. Two will usually kill the other.

But as always all fish are different so you just might have the right ones. But be careful as time goes on. Things can always change.

Why haven't you added the tusk to the 180g?

I'm more of an equipment junkie. How about some sump and filtration pics???

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JASamper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2012
California
Take caution with housing a puffer and a lion together I've seen a few puffers/triggers just flip on their lion tank mates regardless of how long they've been together. But other than that all looks good :cheers:

Cooterbrown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2012
Leavenworth Kansas
The 150 is a 6' tank not sure on the exact dimensions. And i run basically a modified Berlin system so my sumps are pretty boring lol just deep sand rocks and algae. I put the tusk in the reef just cause no one around here had one in their reef and wanted him to steal the show. The clowns are crazy I agree I have the two occ clowns a tomato clown who seems to be a dwarf with swim bladder issues and a percula. They each have there own nem and there are very specific borders they don't cross. It's interesting to watch. The tangs will be separated once they get larger but for now the yellows and Sailfin school together.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
No worries - I've had as many as 7 Tangs shoaling in my 210 and currently still have a couple species of clowns, even an overly aggressive one, Fiji Barberi, that all get along just fine. Theres plenty of Nem's to go around. With larger tanks we can get away with stuff the smaller tank ppl can't. Ofcourse as time went on and I started gearing towards corals most of the Tangs had to go and be replaced by smaller "worker" type fish - ones that go after white worms, nudi branches, etc...

Your reef looks great! I really like that background - wish I had one too. Gives a 3d depth look to it. I like the coral mix, hope it works out for ya. I still have some Gorganians left but did lose a couple as my water parameters improved enuff for SPS + clams. The gorganians like a higher nutrient (TDS) level and a slower flow rate.Their great for overstocked tanks - which is were I'm kinda at. Like you I'm gonna do 2 salties, one overstocked with more or less peacefully fish + softies + Nems , and I'm on that harlequin bandwagon soon myself, the other just hard corals and clams NO fish. Should be way more interesting than just one tank with limited fish options and stocking, fighting to keep nitrates below 5ppm and PO4 below .025 ppm. yet still provide enuff food for both corals and fish.

Cooterbrown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2012
Leavenworth Kansas
My Sps and gorgonians are growing like weeds. The gorgs are in the "harbor" so to speak with the clams. Ad the Sps is high and in the flow. I have it set up so I have high flow at the top and lower flow in the bottom. Lps are midlevel with decent flow. Both my gorgs are photosynthetic. I want to get a yellow finger gorg and try it as I've had really good luck with filter feeders

dat673

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Washington, DC
Wonderful tanks my 2 favorite fish harlequin tusk dragon moray eel. My tusk and lionfush had died. The lion was eaten by the yellowhead moray I had bought and I haven't replaced either one yet. Just a niger trigger in a 75 gal by himself. In process of setting up another 75 gal moving 3 damsels and a maroon clown from a 37 gal. Not as monster as your tanks but one pedator one reef.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cooterbrown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2012
Leavenworth Kansas
had a photographer friend and fellow reefer come do a tank shoot. this on is my fave its with only my 250w viewing light on, i use it 12 hours a day and the 400s come on randomly throughout the day. to simulate clouds.

Cooterbrown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2012
Leavenworth Kansas
Had to do some aquascaping to spread out some corals. I added some big colonies from my frag tank yesterday so these pics are already out of date. And of course I have to show off my new asm g6 skimmer. 4' tall and runs 3 mag 9.5 needle wheel pumps. Truly a monster lol

Added anothe 300# of lr to the predator system. The one main rock is 100lbs. Talk about a hassle

This is on the pred tank now. It's cleared the algae almost completely since the last pic

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
Added anothe 300# of lr to the predator system. The one main rock is 100lbs. Talk about a hassle

This is on the pred tank now. It's cleared the algae almost completely since the last pic

REMORA@!!!!!! I WANT ONE soooooo bad lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store