cost and amount, legal

piranahseeker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2006
Grand Blanc, MI
um ok im hopfully going to order a gold piranah soon so is a 55 gallon tank good cause im tryin to keep in on the down low

Ruger345

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
Germantown,MD
piranahseeker, If you are trying to keep the price down on the cost of the fish, just get the 5 RBP's. If you want just one fish for the 55 gallon then get a nice SERRA Piranha. If you go for a shoal then I would get the 5 p's and narrow it down to three after they get a little bigger. You can always sell/trade the others in at a LFS.:thumbsup:

piranahseeker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2006
Grand Blanc, MI
piranahseeker, If you are trying to keep the price down on the cost of the fish, just get the 5 RBP's. If you want just one fish for the 55 gallon then get a nice SERRA Piranha. If you go for a shoal then I would get the 5 p's and narrow it down to three after they get a little bigger. You can always sell/trade the others in at a LFS.:thumbsup:
thing is i hear red belly piranahs are skiddish and i also want one i dont want alot of fish for the long haul and im wondering what tank would be good for a gold piranah

altimaser

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2006
South East Florida
There are diffrent kinds of Piranhas. Some can be housed together while some are solitary fish. The Pygo's can be housed together and it is recomended to have minimum of 20 gallons per fish. These fish can grow over a foot long so remember they need a lot of room. They are also a dirty fish and require a lot of filtration. Most of the other kinds can not live with other fish. They will kill anything put in the tank including there own kind. Piranha are skittish, but if you put them in a high traffic area they will get used to you.

Bsnider

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
Ohio
You can get them in Ohio.....I paid 12 bucks for medium red bellies....babys are like 6 bucks...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store