Couple spawns......

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
I have a couple new spawns to share. I bought a 17"x3' rubbermaid and put a colorful pink female and my best male in it and they spawned within 5 days. The other one is crazy. I have 3 jags, 2 male and 1 female. The alpha male destroyed the female 3 times and almost killed her. I pulled her out each time and healed her up (jags seem to heal faster than any other fish I have seen) I put her in this last time, and for a few minutes, the same thing happened. He was doing aggressive circles around her and I was at my wits end. Then like a light switch, she went to the bowl and he followed, only this time they rubbed each other for three days and then.....Please feel free to comment. I will raise these jags away from the parents and trade them to fish stores. Free to anyone in Washington and if shipping is paid I CAN ship :)

The first pic looks cloudy because it is through the side of the tub :) third pick shows water clarity and above the red thing the clutch. You can see the clutch in pic 1 as well. The jags are leaving all the other fish alone and letting them come right near their nest.....

theload 1025.jpg

theload 1026.jpg

theload 1027.jpg

theload 1028.jpg

theload 1030.jpg

theload 1040.jpg

theload 1041.jpg

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Very nice. We might be intrested in a group of fry...shipped at our expence of course. Let us know...if and when the little dudes are ready.

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
WyldFya;1309680; said:
Very nice! Congrats!

Thanks WyldFya!!!
Wolf3101;1309686; said:
Very nice. We might be intrested in a group of fry...shipped at our expence of course. Let us know...if and when the little dudes are ready.

The cons or jags?:ROFL::ROFL:JJK Will do you are now 1st in line wolf! I'm sure Miles, and Twhittle will get their hands on some...lol

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
LOL jags of course. I can put you in line for Red Jewels...Syndonis Petricola and True green terrors...

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Wolf3101;1309776; said:
LOL jags of course. I can put you in line for Red Jewels...Syndonis Petricola and True green terrors...

We can PM phone numbers and or addresses and work a trade. We can ship to each other. I will pay for your box and vice versa :)

azfishfool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Arizona
I am in Az but would be very interested in 4-6 jags just let me know how the whole payment and shipping would work out

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Eggs are all good. I had 3 more spawns that same day....I have never had so many at the same moment. I have 5 in egg, 1 wriggling, and about ten batches swimming and growing. I had to go buy some more rubbermaids because 15 tanks is not enough anymore lol. I constructed some ghetto box filters for the unexpected wave of fish humanity <<LOL Here is a sketch that actually looks batter than the filters themselves...LMAO:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

The black holes are actually lower I am just lazy and figured you guys would be laughing at me so hard anyway...Who cares....The blue is where I hope the water is going in and it travels up and through the media and out of the holes on top. I used floss and sea-chem matrix. The box itself is Tupperware. I taped them tight and poked the holes through the tape. I am holding it down with rocks....

untitledghettofilter.JPG

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Not much to look at but here they are. They are all the exact same.

theload 1042.jpg

theload 1043.jpg

theload 1046.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store