craigslist=drama! dumb sellers

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
Waste of time, more like waste of gas... you shoulda asked for dimensions
I just looked at a tank I was TOLD was a 6x2x2 - no. People cannot use a measuring tape. It was 5x1.5x1.25. Asking for dimensions won't always rule out the unknown!

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 2 on MonsterAquaria

snot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2009
colorado
I have the best one yet!! I get that aquarium decorations are for fresh water, but really?????? It included pictures of his fresh water tank which had gravel and plastic looking rocks in it. Hahahahahaha!!!

Hi well I buy this 20 gallon fish tank on craigslist and they told me it was for fresh and salt water and we went to a tropical fish store and we found out that it was only for fresh water. It has everything you need it just need water and fish and your good to go. Its in perfect condition and its has to big rocks of decoration and a stand. I will trade it for a 20 gallon fish tank for salt water or for a little bit smaller tank if not I would like $110 for it or a better offer. Please give me a call or txt msg at any time. My name is Juan by the way. Thank you.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Umm if i saw an add for a 150gal on CL and talked to the guy on the phone i may have done the same because id be stoked for that price!

But were ALL human and we ALL make mistakes, i bet all you posters that are criticizing this guy have done some pretty dumb shi* before, aquarium related or not! Dont be too quick to judge.

As for CL i have bought a 55gal tank with AC 110 and many decorations plus hood for 50$ cash. I recently picked up a 90gal with a hood for 50$ as well, so there are some killer deals on CL but the majority arent very educated in the hobby which IS WHY THEIR GETTING RID OF THEIR SETUPS TO BEGIN WITH!!

6 rbp

ntboy09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
come on people, peace, he brought this up so we all can share and learn from it, not to criticize him.
why would he open this thread up and let you guys make fun of him?

hotsauce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
san diego
dimensions, photos, and double check! damn that sucks. well its in lessons learned.......so lesson learned. have to always remember.....most people consider 55's HUGE!

Grundsau

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2011
Allentown, PA
I picked up a 180 gallon glass cages aquarium on CL the other month for $100. Three holes drilled on the bottom with bulkhead and at least 1/4" to 3/8" glass. The guy said it was 48x36x24. Well, turns out the 24" side is actually 26". It's an inch too wide to get it through the basement door without taking part of the door frame off. I guess he was measuring the inside dimensions to figure out the gallons. It's still sitting on my back porch.

I'll need at least 3 strong men to help me move it. When the fish room is up and running, I think the 125 gallon will go in the basement and this monster tank will go in the living room.

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
Big Fish (Pacu) - $50 (covington)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-04-08, 10:34AM EDT
Reply to: sjzdf-2946689453@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

very big fish. it is about fifteen inches long. it eats very well. he is selling for 50 or obo. text or call if interested a
Well and good, until you get to the picture. His little face is all "Why am I in this terrible prison?" :( :( :(

5I45Jb5M23Jc3N33l2c48fdfddf09eac71696.jpg

5I45Jb5M23Jc3N33l2c48fdfddf09eac71696.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store